Thyroid levels in blood...opinions sought

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past several months, I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for the first time in my 38 years. I was doing research into any possible causes, and the subject of the thyroid keeps coming up. I have had my thyroid levels checked a few times recently, and I'm wondering if they present any cause for concern.

29 July 2016

TSH: .90 mIU/L, normal range 0.40 - 4.5

T4 Free: 1.3 ng/dL, normal range 0.8 - 1.8

T3 Total: 110 ng/dL, normal range 76 - 181

Thyroid AB Peroxidase: 2 IU/ml, normal range <9

Thyroid AB Thyroglobutin: <1 IU/mL, normal range < or = 1

12 July 2016

TSH: .738 uIU.mL, normal range .178 - 4.530

T4 Free: 1.41 ng/dL, normal range .89 - 1.73

31 May 2016

TSH: .394 UIU/ML, normal range .340 - 5.600

16 Mar 2016

TSH: .810 UIU/ ML, normal range .340 - 5.600

As you can see, my TSH scores are quite on the low (overactive) side, even if they do fall into the normal range. Anyone think that this might have something to do with my recent mental health issues? Thanks for any feedback.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was going to the doctor for years with mine the same as yours, in the "normal range". I finally got diagnosed with Graves' disease and my thyroid is full of nodules, I have to get it out. My advice to you is do not stop until you find a doctor who will actually listen to you and not your blood work.

• Posted

I would ask for adrenal tests.  Are you under any stress at the present moment.  Autoimmune diseases are often triggered by stress.  Also watch your diet, avoid the artificial sweetener Aspartame at all costs.
    • Posted

Yes, I have been under major stress for the past few months. Not only have I been suffering from depression and anxiety, but also insomnia and brain fog as well. I wake up every morning around 4:00 with my anxiety kicking, and I have trouble falling back to sleep. Life has been hell since May. I will ask my doctors about adrenal tests. By the way, I actually eat a very healthy diet with no aspartame. Thanks Linda.
  • Posted

Some updated numbers...

TSH: .58

Reference range: .40 - 4.50 mIU/L

T4 Free: 1.0

Reference range: .8 - 1.8 ng/dL

T3 Free: 3.0

Reference range: 2.3 - 4.2 pg/mL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.