Newbie help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all second day on this am I allowed any fat what sort of food do others eat and avoid and what do you do for spread is there any fat free marg it all knew to me and what's the orange monster xxx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jill,

I'm also new to the medication. You're allowed 15g of fat per meal equalling 45g per day. You must have 3 meals a day, if you miss a meal you cannot use the left over fat allowance of 15g on another meal or snacks. If you go over this fat allowance you could face side effects such as belly cramping, oily stools and orange oil leaking from your rectum. If you miss a meal or have a meal that contains no fats then do not take the tablet- it's not needed.

I can give you a few tips! Vegetables and fruit are your new best friend. Switch to red milk and wholemeal bread - these small changes make a big difference smile!

I eat a lot of fafalel, spinach, mushrooms, brown pasta because I'm vegetarian I can enjoy dishes such as spag bol and meatballs without worrying about the repercussions- you might want to try quorn, as it's extremely low in fat.

I avoid full fat spreads, cheeses, humous, White bread, everything you'd avoid on a usual diet really.

Buy a set of scales, to ensure the grams of your food are correct so you're getting the right fat content reading.

If you stick to your fat allowance you should be fine. If you find yourself hungry between meals drink water or alternatively eat a piece of fruit or veg. You should be absolutely fine, I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey smile!

• Posted

Hi natasha i m struggling from last 4 month can u plz give me 1 day sample menu with measurements as in 4 month i havent lost not a gram plz help
    • Posted

Morning love thank you for your help I have todo this for my health my stomach muscle have split and I look pregnant and I have fibromyaliga and I'm finding it hard to carry my weight so can't I have any marg on toast or potatoes I'm also doing my exercise bike xxx

• Posted

Hey Amm,

So yesterday I had:

- 5 glasses of water.

🔹Breakfast: Dry fried egg on a wholemeal bun.

🔹Dinner: Spinach salad contains cherry tomatoes, cucumber, low fat coleslaw.

🔹Tea: Spaghetti Bolonesge using quorn and homemade sauce with brown penne pasta (just over half a cup). (Jarred sauces are a no-go)

Hope this helps smile!

• Posted

Thnx natasha i cant have pastas i m gluten freeso i can exchange it with chicken ??
    • Posted

I am on the same boat. I am 21 and had a health scare regarding polycystic ovaries- they believed I may have had it due to my weight. Once I got the all clear I realised I didn't want to run that risk again and so my weight loss journey began.

I knew I couldn't face myself if my weight affected my future chances of having children- especially since I've been with my partner for 6 years now and all we talk about if our future children. I believe if I didn't get this health scare I wouldn't be so eager to shed the weight smile!

• Posted

Yea i got pcos so have u lost any weight can i have your no
    • Posted

I'm targeting for around the same! I'm sure we'll do it, we have doctors now to breath down our necks and you cannot continue with this medication if it's prescription and you haven't lost more than 5% of your weight within the first 12 weeks.

• Posted

I'm not comfortable sharing my personal number over the Internet. But I do go on this forum a lot, so if you need any help or support I'm only a message away smile!

• Posted

Dats ok natasha yes i m worried so trying to loose somthing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.