Help dermatologist diagnosed Urticaria but I'm not sure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed with Urticaria today by Dermatologist but on reading information on here I'm not sure this is what I have.

The rash looks the same but I have had it for about 8 weeks I get more every day but they never fade away. The Doctor told me to take 4 antihistamines a day does any one have any ideals please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What exactly are your symptoms can you elaborate I've been suffering with this uncontrolable itchy rashes now for almost 3 yrs and the last few mnths ive been getting hives now along with it.  I have'nt even been diagnosed yet and i'm starting to lose hope.  I'm going to see a umminologist hope it helps.  Hopefully they diagnose you with the right thing see how it works and if it doesnt I would go back    

• Posted

Hi the rash started about 8 weeks ago with one ring like mark on my neck I then got one on my arm by the time I had a doctors appointment they had increased to about 6 including 2 on the top of my leg.

The dr diagnosed ringworm and gave me cream that didn't help at all and I got more each day. After a week I saw a different Dr who agreed they were ringworm and gave me anti fungal tablets for 7 days they didn't work went back again saw different Dr and given a 6 week course of a different anti fungal tablets after a week I could see they were not working so went back saw another different Dr who didn't think it was ringworm but didn't know what it was so referred me to the hospital to see a dermatologist.

My systems are areas on my breast neck top of legs bottom and both arms have groups of ring like rash with little spots as well they never disappear but I get more each day and as they get bigger they merge together. They are itchy when I'm hot but feel sore most of the time.

The Dermatologist I saw last night said they were urticaria maybe caused by the blood pressure medicine I am taking and he told me to speak to Dr about trying a different one and to take 4 antihistamines daily. What worries me though is every one on here with Urticaria says there spots come and go but mine are there all the time but just get more that merge together. Don't know if this help hopefully you will get your sorted out soon 3 years sounds awful x

• Posted

Like i said im starting to lose hope its affecting every part of my life but i always have to keep the faith.  Mine is way diff then yours and if the immunologist doesnt have an answer.  I'll be very discouraged.  Yours sound awful to hope they can figure it out soon keep in touch.  Just hope this is not something i have to live with for the rest of my life 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.