Is it normal to have roids looking lumps after surgey?

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 weeks post surgey for external hems. Is it normal to have stitches still intact and also multiple swollen lumps on anus???

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Super normal. The lumps will shrink. I'm on week 5, most lumps are gone, leaving one tiny lump still shrinking.

• Posted

Omg thanks for ur reply! The 4 black stitches are still intact... Loosely... They will drop by themselves right?

The multiple little lumps looks scary!

• Posted

They might drop. Mine dropped after a week leaving the wound open - apparently it's expected - its good that your stitches are still intact. The lumps will shrink. Mine started shrinking from w3. Don't worry - visually it might look a bit scary - but the recovery will speed up. Make sure you do sitz bath everyday , control your diet and make sure you don't need to push. I got a bidet in w3 - super good for maintained in long run - strongly recommend.

• Posted

Do you need to add anything into the Sitz bath except the hot water? I just had my operation today. Thanks 
    • Posted

I'm almost 4 weeks out and I'm having a hard time keeping my stool soft! What do you do to keep yours soft?

• Posted

Try Dulcolax Stool softners 2--3 times daily plus Psyllium by Konsyl. 
    • Posted

Good luck!! I'm sure you will have great results. 

re stiz bath: I started with pure water in the first week. Once the wound is starting to heal in 2nd wk, i put a couple of drops of tea tree oil. I also applied protocydl from 2nd week which i found accelerate my recovery. 

• Posted

I literally had only salad for the first 2 wks which i found quite helpful in keeping my stool soft. Lots of water. Have lots of banana too. I have banana smoothie every morning which helped have BM too. 
    • Posted

Thanks, is there another name for protocydl as I can't find it on a google search? Cheers

• Posted

Yes! I had two of them and they finally went away! They were just swollen. I'm almost 4 weeks out.

• Posted

I had surgery on June 29th - before surgery I had one small 'lump' I now have two large lumps and have been told that it's unlikey they will go away. I don't know about the stiches. I did have complications that put me back in hospital for 9 days. But I wish doctors would be more honest about what the results may be. After about 6 weeks the doctor told me she couldn't understand why the hydrocortisone cream/ointment she had prescribed hadn't reduced the swelling which is when I told her I'd never been prescribed any. So if you don't have that - and maybe hydrocortisone suppositries (Anusol in UK, Canada and Aus- or prescription only in the USA where they can charge you a fortune for what used to be over the counter meds) then maybe ask if that would help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.