Orlistat does work!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I just wanted to leave a post as Ive been reading some discussions on here and can see that a lot of people doubt that Orlistat does work well Im proof that it does.

I have had my monthly weigh in today and Ive reched my goal. I started at 14st 10lbs and today I weigh 11st 13llbs so 39 lbs lost and my BMI is back in the healthy range.

I have been on the pills since February so its taken me 6-7 months to lose almost 3 stone.

I have tried my best to stick to the fat rules etc but have allowed myself a treat day so I have never gone without the foods I love. I have excercised when I can but not every day maybe three times a week.

I have a Underactive Thyroid so its difficult to lose weight by diet alone thats why I went on these pills.

If you follow the guidelines and eat healthy and excercise when you can then yes they will work.

Ive lost on average 1-2 pounds per week.

So please those who dont think they are working for you stick with them it will happen if you use them correctly. 

Good luck to the new starters.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire its always good to hear a succesful story, i started last week on these and very happy with my weight lose in 1 week, i have the same amount as you to loose and knowing its possible is great. Are you of them now? 
    • Posted

Hi Jennie,

Im still taking Orlistat at the moment my GP has said she wants me to reach 11st 10lb before she takes me off them.

Im going on holiday on thursday so I know I will gain weight for when I get back home but will get straight back to it and try and lose whatever I gain quickly. 

I hope you also manage to lose all the weight good luck with them

• Posted

Thank you i have a long way to go, have a nice holiday good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.