Multiple complex cysts on left ovary very worried.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago he left one ovary. I recently had a gynecological exam and he found multiple complex cyst on my left ovary the report reads the left ovary is enlarged and measures 5.2 by 3.0 centimeters there are multiple complex cyst in left ovary measuring from 1.5 cm up to 2.9 centimeters some of these have trabeculation and septation within them the maximum thickness of the SEPTA is 3 millimeters there is also small to moderate degree of debris in all of these cysts. walls of the cysts measure n from 1 millimeters to 3 millimeters. On color Doppler examination only mild vascularity of the walls.

I had an fsh test and a roma test which is the CA 125. The hospital said it could take a couple weeks to get the roma test back. I also have another ultrasound sound scheduled for Oct 12 and an appointment with my gyno the 18th . But I am stressing. Everything I've read leans toward ovarian cancer. Especially if the walls are thick which mine are. I'm 44 years old I've got back pain and problems with my bladder also gastrointestinal problems which I eat been told is IBS. Any one else out there have any experience with this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My ulta sound said complex cyst with mural nodules all I read  sounded like cancer.I have seen a few other people on here wth similar to mine. Mine wasnt and neither was theirs. Try not to worry I was sure I had cancer and I didnt. The docs dont know until they get in there. Was there any free fluid?.My ca 125 was elevated 85. The gyno oncologists are the best.I will say a prayer that you will be fine. Most cysts arent cancer.
    • Posted

Thank goodness it is not cancer. I would like to ask you to say a prayer for me too. Im about to have mine taken out. Hoping for the same results
    • Posted

denice33774 Most arent cancerous.Its been four months for me and I never felt better. When is your surgery. I will gladly say a prayer that you have the best outcome  and a fast recovery please keep me updated my thoughts and prayers are will you.
    • Posted

Hi didi. Mine will be 11/03. The only downside is that i feel like a hypochondriac now like everything hurts and i feel like i have all this diseases. I know im not crazy its just hormones? Lol thank you for the prayers. I believe for times like this prayers are the most powerful weapon we can have.
    • Posted

denice33774 I agree about the prayer ask your friends on fb for prayers too  I did you can never have to many . Can I ask what size  your cyst. is ddnt have a lot of pain with mine but toward the end had trouble shopping. I would get a stomach ache. Mine was 37cm according to the pathology my surgeons said bigger than a basketball.Once you know there is something in there that shouldnt be your imagination goes wild.The size of the cyst help determine wether its laproscopic much shorter healing time.The waiting is the hardest part. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    • Posted

Its 9cm x 9cm a baby one compared to yours. My gyne said she will have to open me up due to us and ct not clear enough and he wants to take it out as one piece and check other organs. He is leaning towards dermoid but not sure until histology/biopsy. It scares the hell out of me.
    • Posted

Im sure it does scare you. They put on my CT and US suspect cancer and mine being complex sepatated with nodules didnt help.So look at me it wasnt and most arent I was so grateful as was my family, Im sure yours will be fine too. I had three surgeons i had a general surgeon and a gyno oncologist and a plastic surgeon because  I had hernias that need to be repaired from a previous operation the plastic surgeon had to do something with my side muscles to help close me as mine were so stretched out.Do you know what they are giving you for pain they gave me a epidural and I felt no pain for 5 days then they switched me to meds.I really had very little pain.I was cut from breast bone to pubic bone too. If you can buy a one of those thing that helps you pick up things as you wont be allowed  to bend over for quite a while. Have anything moved that you use a lot up to where you can reach it. Take the stool softners they give you helps with moving your bowels. Drink lots of liquids so you dont get dehydrated. If your get nauseated its a sign of dehydration.Clean everything you need to now it will be a while before you can again. After a week or so take short walks  5 to 10 min at a time as tolerated try to build up to 25 min total hepls with bowels and fluid retention.If something unusual happens ask your doc immediatly bleeding, fever, unusual pain, foul odors. It really helps if there is someone that can be there with you for a while.I couldnt lift more than 5 lbs. Discuss with your doctor what you want him to remove If its  not cancer remove only what is absolutely neccessary. If thats what you want.Thats all I can think of for now. keeping you in my thought and prayers.
    • Posted

Hi didi. My surgery got bumped up to tomorrow. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Nervous of going under. Excited because finally this thing will be out of me in less than 24 hours. You are one of the people that keeps me calm during this ordeal. I want you to know i am grateful. Very thankful that you answer me.
    • Posted

Awww so glad to help. I remember being scared but everything turned out fine and I feel better than I have in years, Im sure your going to be fine too , Do you know how long they will keep you in the hospital. I hope someone will be with you when you come home. Im glad they  bumped you up the waiting is one of the worse parts .Please keep me updated I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers  
    • Posted

I will keep u updated as soon as i came to. I will be put under general anesthetic. Thank you again.
    • Posted

Thinking about you hope all is well post when your up to it
    • Posted

Hi didi sorry for the late reply as i am having pains. The surgery went well and pathology is out. It is benign! Thank GoD! Unfortunately, i am now having pain on my clavicle,armpit and around the right breast. I am not sure why this is happening. Maybe just my hormones wrecking havoc. I am going to have a follow up with the doctor thursday to discuss this.
    • Posted

Glad everything turned out good. I have heard about people having shoulder pain after sugery they take gas x and walking can help.Wont hurt to try it, So glad you are also cancer free.Keeping you in my thought and prayers post when your up to it.
    • Posted

It is wind! Walking will definitely help with this. I was so shocked to learn how painful gas could be, right up into my shoulders and neck and clavicle. So glad your surgery is over - all the best for your healing. I am 11 days post op. 
  • Posted

The important bit I can see here is the vascularity.

I cannot see an INTERNAL (inside cyst) vascularity, no increased vascularity, which is great.

Benign cysts, especially those hemorrhagic cysts (blood filled, corpus luteum gone bloody), have in Doppler a vascularity ring, but not inside since it is a blood clot, no blood vessel.

Tumors need blood supply, they build their own blood vessels and would show up inside of a cyst. 

Fibromas (benign tumors) show little vascularisation. 

Some benign tumors and cancer show increased vascularistion.

It's all speculation at this point and I hope the best for you.

All I can say from my tiny experience is, that this result is wether bad nor good only.

There are a lot of possible outcomes in it

but that the doppler showed only mild vascularity of walls and nothing internal, I would say was a good sign. Then again results vary.

May I just mention that CA125 can be high in inflammatory cases, too. So if that one came back positive, it must not mean a 100% cancer diagnose. Please brace yourself. You will get earlier removal treatment, but you will only get peace of mind once it is gone.

Septas are also in hemorrhagic cysts, it's really hard to interpret what it could be.

I am past dermoid cyst and had pre-diagnosis from normal functional cyst to cancer. Duh. Histology (also marcoscopically look) confirmed a benign tumor = dermoid, so wether a functional cyst nor cancer. 

Hang in there please. It's hard to wait, but you are 'cought', not overlooked, which is the best no matter what the complex cysts is.

You are monitored and will get treated!

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.