Constipation and Fissures

Posted , 6 users are following.

Alright so this is gonna be kind of gross but bare with me.

I have a chronic fissure, after I pass a stool, I clean the area with regular toilet paper.  For whatever reason I find I am not fully clean so I believe my excess wiping is what initially caused the fissure in the first place.  Now with my fissure, I find when I wipe excessively it somehow loosens my bowels and I can't stop going.  After cleaning each time the fissure pain gets unbareable.  Some on here have suggested a bidet however I don't think it would be feasible as I drive for a living.  Is there some kind of wipe I could use?  My doctor initially said that preparation H was making the fissure worse, so I'm kind of lost as to what I'm supposed to do.  And I feel like the way I clean the area is also making the constipation worse.  

She did prescribe Destin to help with the itching but whenever I apply that creme, but I usually apply it after it itches so it doesn't seem to help.  Do I just need to apply it all the time? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tesco toilet wipes in a green pack, near the toilet rolls, they are quite big in a resealable pack.

Prep H makes me really sore, but these are really soothing and flushable, and get you clean.

Try to just clean the area, and don't put any cream on at all, that keeps the fissure damp and stops it healing. Use the wipes and gently dab with loo roll, and keep it dry.

It worked for me, all the creams just made it sting and burn more.

• Posted

I use unscented baby wipes and Super Soft Charmin toilette paper to dry off and I bought trashcan's for every bathroom with auto close lid.  Also, I've been told never to over wipe, just clean the area and NEVER go inside.  Also - EAT Apple slices with skin on every day until the fissure is under control and then eat them at least twice a week forever.  Make sure your kids and husband eat apple slices too.  Forget creams - just wash area with soap and wash cloth when you shower and shower after all your workouts.  Don't obsess. 

• Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.