Post op dermoid recovery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! I am 4 days post op a laparoscopy cystectomy. The surgeon was suprised as my cyst had grown to 7 X 8 and was a dermoid rather than a simple. It was removed with no problems but he did state that I had an "erosion" on my cervix that needed cauterising as it was bleeding and I had no idea about this ( any in sight would be great)

My main question is since the surgery I had minimal bleeding afterwards. But today I woke up feeling very wet and stained bedsheets ( almost like small tea stains). I have no marking when I wipe etc just very watery discharge and I was wondering if this was normal post op and port cauterisation?

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would ask your doctor if this is normal immediately. I had a total hysterectomy for the 37 cm and a 3 cm cyst so my surgery would be diff but the doc is the one you should ask.
  • Posted

I agree, definitely talk to your doctor. I had a laparotomy for a 22 cm cyst. They made an incision from my belly button to my pelvic bone and removed my right ovary as well and I never saw any blood or had any unusual discharge.
  • Posted

Hi Shannon since it is your first week of recovery from the operation, you should talk to your doctor immediately any unusual signs/symptoms that you are not so sure. When I had my laparotomy during my first week of recovery I notived there is a little bllod in the bandage I thought it was normal because the incision is about 6 inch long. It turned out to be dangerous and could develop into infection if it wasnt treated.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Shannon, Totally normal. I had a cervical erosion years ago, and had it lasered, and yes you do have light bleeding for a while afterwards.

A cervical erosion is where some of the cells inside your cervix grow on the outside, and is caused by a hormone imbalance.

It's not a big problem, but can cause bleeding between periods and during sex.

If you still have periods' the next one will be very heavy, it's the cauterised tissue breaking away, and can cause flooding.

Try not to worry about it, it all sounds ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.