Pulsing vein in neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm not yet diagnosed with angina. But because of the problems I'm experiencing, such as neck, jaw and chest pain and breathlessness etc, I've been given a nitrate spray. I'm also taking Imdur (a tablet form of the nitrate spray). I also have high blood pressure and am on Losartan.

Over the last couple of weeks on and off I've noticed a vein in my neck bulging and you can see it pulsing. I also had pain in this area on the left hand side of my neck. I went to A&E and they did an ecg and were happy that my heart was not in trouble. Is this a problem for anyobe else having a visibly bulging and pulsing vein in neck thats also hurts a bit?

Many thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,i have unstable angina, in relation to your question yes, i think so, i have heard that mentioned before in relation to angina.An ECG will not always diagnose angina unfortunately, i had to have an angiogram before they diagnosed mine. You'll get there in the end am sure, take good care of yourself 

• Posted

Hi, i don't personally but i have read it as being one of the symptoms associated with angina. I have kidney disease which gave me severe hypertension and angina, i would talk to your doctor about this or ask for a referral as you need a definitive diagnosis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.