Vaginal ultrasound shows a complex ad exalt mass and complex cyst within ovary and I am post 16 yea

Posted , 8 users are following.

not sure what this means but I am almost 47 years old. Do I need to let my newly found obgyn doctor decide what to do or go to gyn oncologist? Anybody in this situation or similar?? Pls help calm my thought down!!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Correction from original post: complex adnexa mass and within ovary a complex cystic hemmorrhage. I had hystero 16 years ago..pls help me understand this and do I need to follow up with regular gyn or oncology gyn?

• Posted

I think if there was anything to worry about, your regular Gynae would refer you to Oncology. These cysts are a bxxxxr aren't they?!

• Posted

thank you for replying.. yes they are .. i meet with my gyn today to discuss treatment options
  • Posted

You can have your gyno refer you to a gyno oncologist they are the best to operate on you. Remember most cysts arent cancerous. Are both the cyst and the mass on the ovary. From what I just read the ad exalt mass is usually not cancerous and can go away on its own. Try not to worry even though its hard not to. Did they say what size the cyst is? Write down any and all questions you have for your doctor.I just had huge ovarian cyst removed four months ago and never fet better my surgeon said it was bigger than a basketball it was 37 cm. Your are going to be fine too. keep me update you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    • Posted

yes the measurements are from the mass within the ovary and the adnexa. they are 4.5cm by 4.2 cm.. what a large cyst you had!! glad you are ok and ty for responding.. it really helps to talk with someone that has been there. 

I

go to GYN TODAY TO DISCUSS THIS.. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED..

• Posted

I had the same adnexa cysts on both ovaries and I am 68. I had a partial hysterectomy 14 years ago and kept my ovaries. Now my gyno advised to remove ovaries.  I had laparoscopy 4 days ago. My gyno found a massive amount of scar tissue (I was having a lot of pain on my right side). He did a wonderful job. I have not been in a lot of pain so I am not taking the medication he gave me. He removed my ovaries, Fallopian tubes and scar. tissue.  I was worried about pain but surprised that the only discomfort was the passing gas.  I am sure you will do fine. You should do just fine.
  • Posted

Connie47906, do you mind sharing any symptoms you had in regards to this cyst? I have had horrible pain and issues with my left ovary and am trying to find answers. Thank you and know that you are not alone.
  • Posted

Hi Connie

I had a complex ovarian cyst at 4cm and a lot of large fivroids long story been ongoing since June won't bore you with the details but following a recent transvaginal and ultrasound my complex ovarian cyst has gone. So I would say try not to panic, get referred to gynecologist oncologist they wil most probably monitor and watch and wait.

Hope this helps

Ruth

• Posted

'Adnexa' does not mean automatically 'ovary'.

There seem to be two findings and the 'adnexa' mass will need to be looked at again probably via MRI, for location and a good interpretation, what it is made of.

Maybe it is at the end from or hanging on the ovary anyway, but it is not determined so far. Only the vague location of 'adnexa' (an area around uterus).

The cyst hemorrhage - if they could already identify it as hemorrhage as a reason for being complex (clot) - has already gotten a name and is benign, most likely a luteal cyst as follicle rupture can cause bleeding when corpus luteum forms. 

But the adnexal mass needs some further investigation as there is nothing said of origin and structure, but nothing to worry about at the moment.

Sure need another ultrasound or even better MRI. These will look at both, give more clues as to what the adnexal mass is and where it exaclty sits and also confirm the hemorrhagic cyst.

You are monitored,

not overlooked (like it is so easy in Australia since no prophylactic ultrasound check up is granted in contrary where I come from in Austria and had all my tumor findings prior symptoms just due to prophylactic check ups),

so I would not worry since most masses turn out to be ok and if not, you were at least not overlooked, time not against you.

All the best!!!!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for info...toral bilateral ooperectomy is scheduled today for next Friday..hope you are well will keep updated!! Thank you again for support!
    • Posted

Ooh, wow, hello Connie, that was a fast surgery scheduling and both ovaries.? But there will be a good reason. 

At least the adnexal mass will come out and be investigated histologically.

Wishing you all, all the best!!!!

The waiting time and not knowing exactly what was going on, is the worst, isn't it. But at least not unknown and brewing.

PS: Thank you,

Yes, would be lovely to hear back.

So many discussions are started, people wondering, suggesting and often poster not coming back as what it was in the end

(less happening in ovary/cyst forum as it also is hard to guess from ultrasound texts, but in abdominal symptom forum, where it would also be very informative to know the outcome and if it was a year later for people with similar symptoms scanning and searching for an answer.....)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.