OAP free flu jabs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know what effect the free flu jabs for over 65s have on you if you have PV?

I paid for one a few years back before I showed symptoms of PV and didn't get flu that winter. Since then I haven't had another jab but I haven't had flu either.   This is my first winter to qualify for a free jab and also my first winter with PV (diagnosed that is) but I am in the dark about how it might affect me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela I have asthma and pv and had jab for last 3years and never had a problem, hope everything goes OK paul

• Posted

Hi Angela

I too have Primary PRV and Asthma and have had the flu jab for the past 5/6 years and have never had a problem.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Keith

• Posted

Thank you for your help.

Right, it looks like there's no excuse not to go.cry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.