Increase finally working?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on increased dosage 40mg to 60mg the past 5 weeks and probably if I'm honest felt more depressed.  However yesterday evening and this morning no tears, numbness and just living in the moment.  Does this sound like I'm turing a corner after all this time?  Going to see doc next week and he is keen to change AD due to how I've been.  Anyone have such a delayed response to increase in meds?  I thought if anything were to happen it would be about 2 weeks in.  Can't remember how I was the last time my dosage was increased.  Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That sounds really positive. It has me around the same amount of time on my increase from 20mg to 40 mg, 5 weeks tomorrow...and I am feeling EXACTLY the same as you and had felt more depressed and anxious at the initial increase and was ready to try something else, I just was so low, I didn't know what to do...bit then all of a sudden I began to feel different, lighter, like living in the moment and not getting stressed etc...no tears, definitely feel like we've both turned a corner!

• Posted

Thanks for replying and that's great to hear your experience.  Here's hoping for brighter days ahead.  Was dreading the whole coming off before starting a new med and back into the unknown.  So hope this continues.  Good luck!

• Posted

I know what you mean, that was the main reason I wanted to stick with it...but I have to say, I really am glad I did!.the difference from a few weeks ago to now is amazing.

Keep living in the moment and be good to yourself and relax and let it help you, and do anything you can to help it along...whatever makes you feel good. Pamper yourself and treat yourself well.

Good Luck to you also.

• Posted

That's sound advice and much appreciated, thank you. Hope the change is enough to persuade my Dr next week to leave meds as they are for now.

Take care :-)

• Posted

I hope so too. You just be honest about how you're feeling and if you continue to feel better, then that is wonderful. It really does sound like you're on the right track so try and relax and go with it,

Take care and let me know how you get on biggrin

• Posted

I was told to go to 60mg 2 weeks ago, and i only lasted 7 days on 60mg as i felt my anxiety ten gold, so i went back to 40mg, now 1 week later im barely feeling less anxious, now i dont know what to do, if to stay at it , i know for a fact that if i go to doc he will tell me get on the 60mg and see if it works but i dont want to stay on 60 for another 4 weeks waiting to see if it will work, i already feel like im loosing my mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.