Opinions? can't afford a return visit.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there

I paid my consultant Derm for a check up about a month ago (expensive where I live $400 for consultant.)

At the time I had this spot on my skin but totally forgot to bring it to her attention.

It started about 8 weeks ago, looking like a blind spot on skin (without a pustule). In a effort to clear it out and get it to heal I've squeezed and poked at it, let it heal up and repeated but it never seems to go away.

I've recently given it a really hard squeeze (about a week ago) and then applied Fucibet for the last week.

It's seemed to heal up a bit better this time but it's not fully healing like a normal spot should. I can just about afford to return to my Derm, but only want to do so if people here feel like it's warranted (maybe I'm worrying over nothing).

The pics below are taken today (the redness on the skin is just from me poking and inspecting it prior to taking the photos)

Just wanted to get your thoughts, am I being an idiot worrying about this? Dr google Suggests Basal Cell Carinoma.

Unless that's likely I really can't afford to pay my Derm again.

Thanks for your time.

https://m.imgur.com/a/yb6qU

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Looks ok to me. I'm not a doc . Sometimes we can worry . It looks more like a ingrown hair mabe, I see nothing close to carcinoma

keep a eye on it for any changes in color or shape is usually a sign of skin changes but not serious. 

Google it again on a health site for your refer ranco again .  what I see in your pic looks benign in my opinion. 

• Posted

Totally agree with Hope4cure.      Leave it totally alone and it may come to a head or it may disappear.      Dont worry if it heals and you discover a vague lump underneath the skin. As you have picked and poked and squeezed it you have encouraged it to react.       Yes,keep an eye on it but most importantly...leave it alone.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.