afib and gp diagnosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

been to my GP about AF and they don't seem unduly worried about it, my rate goes up to around 190bpm, . Not given any medication and referred to cardiac nurse which may take a while for an appointment ive been told, didnt exactly well before I went I told my GP that I have learn to live wiith it but now ive been told what is possibly causing my problem I dont feel too good, Can anyone give me some feedback please if they are or have been in a similar situation.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate

Atrial fibrillation is the quivering of the two atrium chambers of your heart. The atria are on top. the ventricles are on the bottom.

Your physician needs to determine why you have afib. What I am saying is that afib is a symptom.

You can ask your GP or even telephone the cardiac nurse and ask, what is causing my afib?

The solution to afib depends upon the cause of the afib. To me it sounds like the cardiac nurse will be working directly with you.

I suggest you keep a diary of your symptoms ...include the date, include the time, describe what you were doing, include what your heart felt like...something like this:

Nov 184:36 am sleeping for 5 hours woke up with my heart beating really fast. I was sweating.

Take the diary to your physician and take the diary to the cardiac nurse.

Your physician and the cardiac nurse are professionals who are very knowledgeable about afib. If you are unable to trust them, perhaps you can go to a different physician.

I hope you receive a quick appointment. I understand the waiting without knowing is very difficult.

kind regards

• Posted

Hi, have had a call from the Cardiac nurse this afternoon and seeing her on Friday . Thank you on the advice on making a diary, i will make a start even if its just a short one till Friday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.