MIRTAZIPINE WITHDRAWALS....ITS FINALLY OVER!!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I didn't believe the W/D would ever really go,when your in the thick of it you don't see how you will ever get your life back,

I felt like the damage was done and I didn't think my brain would come back from this.

I can honestly say after 6weeks I've turned the corner,

I need to share this with all of you

and I'd like to thank you all for sharing your experiences whilst I went through what I can say has been the most difficult time in my life.

I'm so relieved,all these worrying days/nights have payed off!

I wish you all the luck in the world whilst your on your Journey to Recovery!!!

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations Vikki so glad to hear that you've turned the corner and on Mirtazapine, best of luck in the future and hopefully I'll be sitting in your shoes someday soon!

• Posted

Awesome to hear! I'm just getting on to 15mg but I'm not increasing anymore. I feel that this dose is doing me and in around 5 months I too will start to weaning off too.  cheers to you!

al

• Posted

Happy for you, long may it continue Vikki.  Wishing you lots of sunny, happy days ahead now the Mirt' cloud is clearning x

• Posted

"Clearing"   !   

• Posted

HI Vikki

How long did you take mirtazapine...?? Did you taper it or went CT...???

• Posted

Hiya,I took the Mirt for 3months,the first month I took it just to sleep every other night then I took it for 5/6 weeks solid until I got the Night Sweats.

I did cold turkey,I didn't know anything about Mirt at that time and I thought an antidepressant worked like an Aspirin,I'll always ask how a drug works from now on!

I had the Night Sweats,then two weeks in I had the Insomnia and then the Anxiety really kicked in!

This is the most frustrating and frightening thing that has ever happened to me,

My heart goes out to anyone who has suffered this and I wish there was compensation for us,it's shocking,unbelievable,and unacceptable,someone should be answerable,what has happened to me will stay with me for the rest of my life!

I felt the Anxiety leave me on Monday just gone,Thursday I had to have my bloods done and I felt the Anxiety for a couple of minutes(I have difficulty giving blood)it was the worry, I thought it had gone,I just kept thinking plz go plz go,it's so sad.

My Insomnia is so bad,I go to bed around 10-30pm and without Zopiclone I lay there for 2hours at a time hoping,praying to go over to sleep and it doesn't happen,I'm like that till 6-30 am when the alarm goes off,the next night I still can't go over.

My doctor doesn't want to give me another prescription of Zopiclone as it can be addictive,I'd been prescribed the 7mgs daily, I'd been splitting the tablet and it stlll worked,this gave me another week,I don't know how I'd of coped,

I'm not understood,my last dose will be Saturday,Sunday is going to be tuff but I'm seeing my doc on Monday,I'm so worried.

I thought it was nearly gone and I spoke too soon,I didn't want to unsettle anyone and I hoped it would at least make people think there was a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't want to unsettle anyone,I hope it goes.

• Posted

Hi Have been on this site before and am at the same week as you for mirt free.  Like you I did feel as though I had turned a corner week 6.  Start of week 7.  Morning severe palpitations are back.  Sleep is disrupted.  Was up to 6 hours.  However anxiety is down but not gone.  Am seeing a homeopath and acupuncture who told me spikes would occur weeks 5, 7, and 9.  Still can feel my brain trying to adjust.  Has anyone noticed feelings get really  high at certain times.  I would take mirt at 1030pm. Next day at approx 5.30 I would feel very odd.  Now it still happens.  This timing co-includes with 20 hour activation of mirt .  Has anyone any recommendations for palpitations.   Has anyone found that withdrawal symptoms do not respond to anything you take,   It is

• Posted

Sorry frozen out again.

Would also say my stomach is not back to normal, still no appertite.  Wish I could sleep better.  Will will post again.  Hope this is just a wave for you. Good for you to update, must have been a big disappointment.

• Posted

Hi Ruth,yes it was a huge disappointment,the Anxiety isn't as apparent but I'm still aware it can come around when it suits.

I don't feel like there's anything to take the W/D away,

it's so bloody frustrating,

I hope there's something over the counter to help me with the sleep.

Thanks for the feedback,I don't think I'll crack up now when it hits me again around week 9. It's hard when you think your the only one going backwards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.