MAJOR memory issues PLEASE HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so ive always been depressed but i've never suffered with memory loss until recently and now I cant remember if the wife says make me a cuppa let alone anything else! I'm really worried and I need some guidance. I have been to my GP but with my history they seem disinterested. 

So I need some advice. 

me and my wife have been a couple for 4 years and I can remember exactly what she looked like the day we met 10 years ago but ask me what happened EXACTLY 2 days ago and I'm stumped. I work really bad hours with work and I come in and sleep for 5/6 hours but i always seem grumpy and in a haze and according to my wife I neglect the housework and my share of the chores around the house.

I find it very difficult to relax always take everything to heart and im wondering if thats part of the problem. I am easily distracted and I find it impossible to remember if the wife asks me to do anything. I've tried all the groups and talking therapy and they do nothing for me. It take ages for any instructions that the wife asks me to do too sink in and if we argue she says I change for 6 weeks and then im back to being the same as I was before we argued. I don't mean to be and by god I want to change for her but I don't know what to do. I concentrate so hard on one thing and seem to forget the rest.

Some times I struggle to even remember the simplest of instructions

I don't mean to sound mushy but I don't want to lose my wife and kids.

Even now there are things I wanted to put in here that I can't remember.

HELP!   

(PS: I know this isnt a medical service but I need help. need someone to tell me what I need to do.)

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for your problem

Depression can cause memory problems, some problems can be caused by your medications. If you are taking any.

We do not know how old you are.

The first thing I would advise is you tell your GP what are concerning you, tests for memory can be undertaken, they can be done over a five week period and scans my be performed if required.

If you are suffering Anxiety again your GP may be able to help you with  coping techniques such as Minfulness and Breathing Techniques. Medication may be given and a course of CBT, with a  CPN..

Talk to your GP and we are here if needed.

B.

• Posted

Hi B.

Thanks for getting in contact I'm 33. I've already spoken to my docs and they don't feel meds are the way forward as I've been on them since I was 13. I've spoken to my GP he's uninterested.

• Posted

You can try Minfulness a relaxation Technique, it is a system that have other things you can try, you also could try Breathing Techniques. You will find  an explanation on various sites on the Internet

Regards Minfulness you can find books etc on Amazon.

The reason I asked what your age was is because if it was a conjenital memory problem. this now I feel is not the case, your GP would have picked up on that. Your age would suggest that is ok.

It seems like your GP is considering Anxiety being your problem, if you feel the wish to help yourself consider self help, it can be difficult and you will need to understand your fears.

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.