Why do I feel like I'm losing my mind in menopause? I stopped my period six years ago!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was going ok. Now I have itchy crawly scalp, no appetite, general feelings of unease, and doom and gloom throughout the day. Anxiety is ridiculous, I worry about my health, which is unhealthy! I worry about my loved ones dying. Oh I also have had a headache for days. It's getting better. I just feel so weak and pathetic.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jusnita, we all going through this with you...I had the crawly skin feeling, and unease feeling has stop recently menopause is a joke, but at least it can't kill us, and we know it will stop one day when our hormones at the lowest levels out and get use to being with out periods

you have said you have gone six years with out periods good for you I'm still waiting for my 12 month mark,hopefully in the New Year 

just hang my love ((((((hugs))))))

• Posted

Hi Juanita

i'm there with you..it's horrible not being able to enjoy anything anymore just consumed by fear that something awful  will happen all the time!!! 

my children had it with me..My grand daughter was born 5 weeks ago and i'm worrying everytime she is crying!!! 

I do suffer horrible headaches also, i should be used by now but everytime it comes on i start stressing thinking something bad is going to happen..

My husband is fed up with me i don't feel talking to anyone anymore just the need to be left alonesmile

for me usually gets worst the week before my period which is next week! God help mesmile

hope you feel better xxxx

• Posted

Hi Juanita I am 9 years post meno and had a really bad time of it just a few months ago with extreme anxiety and the pain of vaginal atrophy along with gastritis issues and a UTI that wouldn't quit, now I am just dealing with hot flushes and cold flushes but that I can handle ....now I seem to be on the other side of it so far...things seem to be getting better I had been great for quite some time and all this flared up on me and I was floored as I thought I was finally on the down side of things ..just hold on it does eventually wind down and I have heard we do start to feel normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.