Thyroid anxiety sweating

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my TT surgery is coming up in a little less than three weeks, most of my levels have stabilized and have always been since I developed this huge thyroid module. My hands still shake a bit, but the one thing that has not stopped is my anxiety sweating on my head and face that all started when the 3cm thyroid nodule formed about a year ago.My question is does the anxiety sweating ever go away? I'm hoping it atleast dies down after my thyroid surgery, everything else I can manage it's just this constant warmth in my face and head and I sweat at the thought of any warm food, tons of things just trigger the sweat on my forehead. For the past year I'll literally be sitting in my apartment alone and watching tv and out of nowhere start sweating . It's really affected my social life, I can't even watch a full movie with my girlfriend without getting up to wipe my forehead rolleyes . The only time the sweating stops is at 11pm at night after I've showered and laid down and falling asleep. I wake up in the AM to head sweating to do it all over again .. I hate this. Anybody that sweat and was HYPERTHYROID , did the sweating get better after the thyroid removal surgery?i mention the head sweating to my endo and they pretty much have ignored it for a year and. Hall it up to the huge lump in my throats. My levels are good , have been for a while but no matter what the anxiety sweating has stayed. Also I've recently stopped smoking marijuana , not sure if that matters. Thanks. Anybody with hyper or hypo that had headnir face sweating any advice is greatly appreciated .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Will you be getting your whole thyroid removed or just the lump?
    • Posted

I will be getting a total thyroidectomy on the 28th of this month.
    • Posted

I will be getting a total thyroidectomy on the 28th of this month

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.