Blip?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey. I haven't written for a little while. The last week and a half had been great and I was feeling very good and happy and not anxious. My husband was off work for holidays last week and today was his first day back to work. I didn't wake Anxious but he left for work an hour ago and now I am feeling anxious and crying and feeling sad and miss him. I am scared it's going to be back to bad days again and that I was only ok because he was home for a bit. Or is it just a blip? .The last week and a half I was feeling like I was getting so much better. I just want to keep getting better. Feeling mad at myself for letting him back at work affect me....

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Isabel, if it's any consolation I feel like I've taken a step back too. Don't want to think I'm going back to that horrible place just over a few iffy days.

• Posted

Yeah I know what you mean. Hard to stop your mind from thinking that too.

How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi isabel, for some reason I felt anxious this morning and had to resort to a tiny dose of valium. Just hope it passes!
    • Posted

How are you now? I've had a blip today, after two weeks of feeling great. Just popped a diazepam too, not happy about that but if it helps...!

No idea why I woke anxious this morning. Started thinking and perhaps its because my monthlys are due or it's just one of those things. Hope it disappears sharpish. Quite gutted about it to be honest! X

• Posted

Hi Debbie, still not feeling great. Had a strange week really been on cit 20mg for 4 mths and after the terrible side effects I'm left with insomnia and restless leg syndrome which has got worse.

Out of the blue on Tuesday felt really anxious and had to take a valium (only 1mg) rest of week I've had mild nausea. Hoping it's just a blip. I'm back at work next week after being off since August so think that's playing on my mind. I truly hate being like this and feel I give in if I take a bit of valium bit it's first time in about 2 mths so I'm so much better overall.

How are you x

• Posted

Hi Gerrymoo. These side effects are certainly odd. I don't have insomnia as such but I must sleep very light as anything can wake me up. I don't have the restless legs either but today, they ache really bad. Probably because I've got myself all wound up again! My mum has restless feet and she has to take something for that which sorts it out, I will ask her what it is. 

Funnily enough, I've felt nauseous today with the anxiety. Have calmed down now I've had the Valium but just feel tired now. 

I returned to work last week and did have a great week which was a relief. Took my mind off of stuff but to be fair, I've felt normal for the last two weeks so it wasn't worrying me too much. 

We can only hope it all levels out soon I guess, what a rollercoaster! Xx

• Posted

I think if I could sleep well it would make a massive difference. Perhaps it'll do me good to get back to work and have a routine back. Like you say it's another focus away from the anxiety and whether I'm anxious or not. I hate nausea and that's how the anxiety originally manifest itself

• Posted

Yes it would. I fall asleep fairly easily but do read a book on my iPad which sends me off to sleep pretty quickly. It might be that once you're at work and concentrating on that, you will be more tired by the time you go to bed. I never have naps in the day now as it will take me hours to go to sleep.

Nausea is rotten. The first few weeks on cit were horrid, constantly wretching especially in the morning.  

Hope work goes well for you. I guess your colleagues know why you've been off and I'm sure they will help you. Let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Thank you , I work with a fantastic team on a chemotherapy unit, it's extremely busy and you have to be on the ball bit yes it's pretty. Common knowledge why I've been off, it's happened to a few of us so I'm sure they'll be supportive.

• Posted

Gosh, I guess it could happen quite easily working on a chemo unit. Now that is something I really am not sure I could do. I'd get so upset seeing people going through that. And that's what started me anxiety off in the first place, bad cough, sent for chest x ray, convinced myself I had lung cancer and even though x ray was clear, I couldn't seem to stop panicking or worrying. How our minds work eh?!! Never in a million years did I think I would suffer anxiety but here I am and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!! X

• Posted

I know me neither. It's all been like a terrible horror story - 2016 needs writing off. I still can't belief I got into such a downward spiral - first time ever. I'm terrified it could happen again

• Posted

How are you today? 

Im with you on that, can't believe I've ended up feeling like this. So crazy! One part of my head is saying 'don't be stupid, get a grip' but other other half  won't let me!!! Perhaps I need a brain transplant, hopefully one that doesn't have anxiety!!! 

Anyway, I got the dreaded period this morning and although I'm still a bit jittery, am better than yesterday. Perhaps that is part of my problem, will wait and see over the next few days.

Im guessing you're back to work tomorrow? Are you in the U.K? Everything will be fine for you. You will probably be nervous getting there but once you're there, you'll be fine x I will also try and remember to ask my mum what she takes for her restless feet and legs, she calls it her twitches!! She's popping up in a bit so will let you know. She also has issues with no sleeping and just takes some night nurse, apparently out like a light!! Oh and she also takes citilopram too!! X

• Posted

Hi again. My mum was taking ropinirole for her restless legs and feet. They did work. However, her partner had a stroke whilst in Turkey last year and she ran out of them. She ended up asking at the hospital and they gave her something called Parkin (used for Parkinson's disease). They gave her loads of them and she says they are brilliant. She only takes half a tablet though as they are stronger than ropinirole. As she has so many, she hasn't been to GP here yet for refill but she is going to mention Parkin to see if we do it here. Might be worth asking your GP x

• Posted

Hi Debbie, sorry I've only just got back to you! Are you in the UK, I'm in Yorkshire.

I totally get what you're saying about these blooming blips. I slept pretty good which is unusual for me but still had mild nausea and tingling in my legs, not sure if this is anxiety but avoided taking anything, my tummy felt shaky too. Things always improve as the day goes in so I know I'll always feel better lunchtime onwards.

I'm back at GP tomorrow and meeting at work Tues to discuss when I'm back which I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and start the phased return this week. I've been off since August (long story, I can send you a pm if you want to be bored lol)

My gp won't put me on any restless legs med as I'm very sensitive to stuff and he doesn't want to muddy the waters and mess round with dopamine levels as well as serotonin levels. Does your mum know that cit can worsen RLS. One funny thing I read was to sleep with a bar of soap in the bed or wear a sock with one in and it's improved thing a lot !!

• Posted

Hi Gerrymoo. That's ok, we all have stuff to do in the day, even when we don't want to!  Yes I'm in the UK, Hertfordshire.

Yes, mornings are worse and then things improve. However, now have the air hunger back which is another annoying thing. Seems I swap one symptom for another, so frustrating, need to stop thinking!!

good luck at GPs tomorrow and for work Tuesday. You'll be fine x Yes, please pm me, I won't get bored, promise!!

oh that's not good about the restless legs.  I had a thought funnily enough whilst typing away... when I had my first child, I had restless legs then and it turned out I lacked iron so I had iron tablets and that sorted it out. If you can't have those, is it Guinness that's full of iron? You might want to sink a few of those...that will help with sleep too!! Joking aside, I remember jumping up and down and stretching my feet and legs in the middle of the night, drove me mad.  Definitely do not envy you that one. 

• Posted

Hi Debbie, it's strange isn't it we all feel crap in the morning but by the afternoon I'm like a different person maybe we should stay in bed until the afternoon haha x how are you today?

• Posted

Hi Gerry I'm from Teeside but can't believe people on here are all over the world it's great

• Posted

Yeah am feeling better this afternoon again but have now been hit by what they call air hunger, where I want to take a deep breath all the time. This has happened since I've had anxiety and comes and goes, annoying!  Oh and I got my monthlies that that may play a part in my feeling crappy again, I guess time will tell!

How are you today? X

• Posted

It's very confusing with all you Debbie's ha ! Yes isnt it incredible to be able to share experiences like this with people all from different places.

Question to both Debbie's! How.long have you both been on citalopram and what dose ?

• Posted

Hi Debbie wow I thought I was the only one who needs to take deep breaths haha air hunger that's a great name and yes when I'm anxious I always need to have a deep breath and if I can't have one I get a little more anxious then when I can have one again o feel better lol what are we like and yes I had my monthly 's today and always get tearful and more anxious!! I've had a good day today after making myself go out I feel anxious about 6 as was going friends but just ignored it and it went away when i got to my friends I never slept that well last night maybe due to upping to 15mg but wil stick with it x

• Posted

Yes it is Gerry lol and I've been on 10mg of Citalopram for 6 weeks then upped to 15mg last night then wil ho to 20mg and stay in that if I'm ok just didn't want to go straight to 20 from 10 as worried about the side effects I had when I started on 10

• Posted

I used to get that too - air hunger (good name).  I did a lot of deep sighing.

K

• Posted

How are you doing? The last few days I felt really good but slightly more anxious today and tired. sad

• Posted

Hi Isabel, Ive had a few days where ive had waves of fear come over me and ive got really warm I thought it was depression but I think its still the side effects and anxiety so gone uo to 15mg then maybe 20mg will see how I get on I felt better by the afternoon which a lot of us do so I went to the shops and in car as was getting anxious driving I didnt go too far but as fine and spoke to people in the shop so was nice nd think I will be ready to work part time soon as I gave up my full time job due to work related stress, Hope your feeling ok how long have you been on Cit for and whats youre dose?
    • Posted

Hi Isabel and Debbie !

Well I've been decisive today ! Had a meeting at work and say I intend to go back week after next I'll be on reduced hours for couple of months. I am not going to increase to 30mg , can't face it at all and since I've only had this blip For 1 week I hope it'll pass. It was the first day back to norma after Christmas and NY break and perhaps thoughts of going to work has flared things up a bit.

How are you both today?

• Posted

I've been on cit since April of 2016. I went from 10mg to 20mg after two weeks and then I felt great on 20 mg for about 3-4 months and then Anxiety came back bad and was bad for a month and wasn't getting better so my doc Increased me to 30mg and 6 weeks after that Increased me to 40mg. Been on 40mg since Nov 3. And the last couple weeks were better but anxious again today. The other day when I wrote this original post was a blip and I passed and I was great the rest of the days. Not sure why I am anxious today. Afraid it will get bad and back to the beginning. I hope it's just another blip that will pass.....Scared

• Posted

For sure thoughts of going back to work will flare the Anxiety back up

I've been good really good since I first posted this discussion and that day it passed and was just a blip but today feeling more anxious and I am afraid if I spiral down and keep thinking more about it I will make it bad and worse like the beginning so I am scared. I hope this is just another blip and passes. I hope blips happen less and less.....

• Posted

I hope so but it's so hard not to overthink feelings and thoughts . How do we ever know it's a blip or a need to increase ?

• Posted

What dose are you on again?

I'm on 40mg. The max. My doc was the one that Increased me after talking to me about how I had been doing. But it's true it's hard to know if it's just a blip or need to increase

• Posted

I started on 10mg and after 3 weeks moved up to 20mg. Been on this for 4 mths now and first little flare up since although insomnia has been an issie
    • Posted

Lack of sleep always makes it worse.

I know kate always has the best advice for questions like that. When I had my flare up from 20mg after months of feeling great and it lasted a month my doc said I should increase

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.