44 year old woman with cardiomyopathy, possibly ARCV, on 15 mg bisoprolol causing breathlessness etc

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I just came across  this forum as I was researching online the side effects of bisoprolol.  

I was a healthy, very active, a runner, plus I'm a pilates teacher, mother of a 5 and 7 year old, never sit around kind of person.... who was having irregular heartbeats almost two years ago that the doctors initiailly brushed off as PVCs.  However, since I have had more tests MRI, Echo, etc...it turns out there is abnormalities to the right ventrical that may be causing the arrythemia.   I have always had a very low heart rate, which I thought was healthy.  I used to run almost every day to clear my head while also trying to keep fit and healthy.   9 months ago I got put on bisoprolol at 2.5mg a day. They've increased the dose over time b/c it was not really effective any more so now I'm presently on a larger dose 15mg a day. Which apparently is the highest you can go.  I have tried channel blockers and other ones, but none of them worked as well as this bisoprolol.  Mostly, I feel like crap.  I still feel my heart racing around.  I'm wondering if any one feels breathless?  It comes and goes.  I am no longer able to raise my heart-rate in case I have ARVC which means, my heart can go into a dangerous rythem and cardiac arrest.  So not more running, fitness classes heavy lifting etc...  I was crushed when I found this out last summer.   I was wondering if any of you are on 15 mg and what your symptoms are?  I am dizzy every time I get up.  I feel breathless often, my sleep is not great.  I have been told to practise Qi Qong to calm the heart and heal the heart (not by Canadian doctors though but by a fabulous Chinese accupuncturist who I saw tbefore I was diagnosed with a heart condition and he told my then to stop exercising and to slow down, stay calm, be calm , calm your heart and your internal organs...) I have tried Qi Gong and will keep trying and I am reading lots about it...

My father died of heart failure 13 years ago and my second cousin who was 14, healthy, so we thought, sadly, didn't  wake up last year on Boxing Day.  They are thinking it was ARVC which is heriditery... 

I have never been on any forum before.  I really look forward to your responses!  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm taking bisaprolol for 5 months 2.5 a day the side effects were very bad so I tried different times off the day and discovered by taking it at night I sleep off most of the side effects and it's made a great difference to my life as I also take a drug called Sintrom for blood I must also say I had a massive head of hair it's now half the amount all due to bisaprolol so I would advise treat your hair now and don't wait till it falls out I wish you well 

• Posted

Thank you for writing back.

How can you treat your hair before or prevent it from falling out?!  I'm losing my hair - it's been slow though.  I'm on 15 mg for 9 months.  I will try taking it a night.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi .i have just discovered a product called Vivascal shampoo holland and Barrett stock it also zinc and magnesium tablets .
    • Posted

Hi.I suffered a pulmonary embolism in August 2016 and have been on bisaprolol 2.5 mg per day also Sintrom to regulate blood so I have 2meds that cause hair loss but I'm back to see my cardiologist in March and hope to come off bisaprolol I'm living in Spain so the good weather and food have helped in my recovery but it's a slow process having died and was on life support for 9 days I'm very lucky to be here I wish you well m 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.