Week 8 on 20mg. Still not back

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I just started week 8 on 20mg.  It's a slow journey and I do think I have seen some improvement.  Emotionally I'm fine, but physically I'm still hanging on to some of the physical symptoms of depression,  I no longer think these are medicine side effects, but the physical manifestations of the desease.  However, I'm not ready to up the dose and go back to square one with side effects.  I'm counting on it being the 8-12 week turnaround as most have said.  But, having said that, I can't seem to shake this heavy head, light headache, slight weekness in legs.  I"m in that middle ground where I can still function and paticipate in things, but I'm not all in - it's a weird feeling.   And, it's still hard to get up in the mornings, although I push myself to do so.  Anybody hit this stage at week 8 or abouts and make it through to 100%?  Hanging on to hope, but it can be very exhausting emotionally and physically.  And encouragement from those who've been there would be appreciated!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm in same week you are but I started at 5 and worked up to 25 mg!Been on that last two weeks!I have read people improving further in!!Hugs!Heres to a better year!We will get there...

• Posted

Hi Ronvis I'm 8 weeks today on 20mg - I'm having some bad days and some good x not -100% hoping it will get better x not sure to up dose . I seem to be bad in mornings and mid morning s then bad late afternoon x

• Posted

Mine just seems to be steady throughout the day. What symptoms/side effects are you dealing with?
    • Posted

I wish mine would get like that x heavy head , anxiousness , intrusive thoughts , depression , shaky ness in mornings x hoping it will get better . Sleep has improved slightly x I do yoga to relax but difficult with kids
    • Posted

Sounds like we're having the same physical symptoms. This sure is frustrating. Hang in there.

• Posted

How are you doing, Andrea?
    • Posted

Hi Ronvis - doing well thanks for asking . Mornings are quiet hard after taking the tablet but wears off if I'm busy . Panic can set in I'm Looking after my 2 years old daughter so I'm kept busy . Still anxious times and what if ... Negative thoughts . Kept a diary of thoughts and lows Nd highs of the day . Still off work .week 9 . How's you ?

• Posted

Sounds like you are having good moments though, so that's encouraging. I can't shake this, have a couple of 80% days and then have a couple of bad days. Just when I think it's progressing I have a setback of side effects. Woke up this morning and had bouts of dizziness. Just ready to be well again and was hoping I'd be there at the start of nine weeks. Just going to keep pushing through, maybe I'll be there one day. Hang in there

• Posted

Yes normality will come soon x been on fluxoetine before and lived with anxiety for years . The mind is so powerful - I still have not gone back to work or gone back on public transport that is another obstacle I have to battle but I know things are getting better . I'm sure things will be better by 12 week mark x not sure I want to up my dose to 40 mg

• Posted

You know, I'm the same way. I think I should ride the 20mg out to 12 weeks before I think about any change. This is all so foreign to me, never been through anything like this ever, so hard to have to wait for so long to get better. Hoping yours will get back to normal soon too. I keep waiting for the day when we both can type "we made it!"

• Posted

Thank you . We will get there and hopefully this time next year we will think back on this and it will be a distant memory .
  • Posted

Hi ronvis,

im just in my 49 th day so much the same time as you. I started on 20 mg, ive got to say the last couple of weeks i have felt quite bad, depression is worse, i feel like i have the flu. Im really hoping for that magic moment to happen soon. Im having all sorts of odd symptoms, with anxiety, and hormones. The morning are awful, ive been taking quarter tab of valium to just go out to shops. Im trying to cut it out. Its become my crutch! The internal shaking was bad this morning, i do two hours voluntary work once a week and im scared to go, this just is a horrible way to face the day!

i hope you hit the magic moment soon, and we all have a happy 2017!

• Posted

I'm so sorry Carol! I was hoping to be better along, too, but we will get there. I have faith but it is hard! Hang in there, we will beat this and hit that magic moment! Wish I could speed this up for both of us, it such a slow process...

• Posted

How are you doing, Carol?
    • Posted

Hi ronvis,

thanks for asking! Not feeling much different so far, anxiety still present most of the time, weepy but i cant have a good sob. Maybe im expecting too much and the change is very subtle? Little by little?

how have you been feeling? Do you feel like you are having better thoughts?

i really hope we see improvements soon!

take care 🤗

• Posted

My thoughts are better, it's just these darn side effects or symptoms that are still bringing me down physically. Starting 9 weeks and there are positives, but I just want to physically feel better. This is so slow! So ready to be myself again. I hope we see more improvements too. Hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.