Keloid scar somehow disappeared on its own?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive had a keloid scar on my hip for about 4-5 years, it used to be slightly raised and felt like it had some tissue in there. But ive recently just noticed that the keloid scar has gone completely flat as if the tissue underneath just disappeared. I have recieved no treatment for it, so i do not know how it could just disappear like that. Some back ground info on me is im a 24 year old male, i have been a binge drinker for 2years 3 days every week, about 8 beers each time. I dont know if this would have anything to do with my liver since i am now scared that i may have chirrosis. So please any info or help will be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Excessive drinking can damage your liver. If you are worried about cirrhosis, perhaps sorting out the drinking would help. You are only building up problems for the future otherwise.
    • Posted

Ive went to a yearly routine check up about 8 months ago and the doctor did routine blood work nd i asked her about my liver and she said it was good. Do you think that the routine blood work wouldve picked up on something like fatty liver?
  • Posted

Yes,the blood results should show any fat in the liver,but only if your doctor asked for a  Liver Function analysis,which I guess she would have done.   Why are you worrying about a scar ,when your main problem is your drinking. You are young enough to try to get your beer intake to a sensible level before it is too late.  Cirrhosis of the liver can take years to develop but please dont think you can reverse the effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.