Transurethral resection of the prostate

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I am sharing my father experience here,  My father had an surgery (Transurethral resection of the prostate) of prostate like 2months back. My father is 54years old. And these days he si fine but now like from 5,6 days, he has some pain while urinating. Is this will occurs or we need to consult the doctor for this. 

Please say some thing on this. Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can't hurt to call doc and ask. Mine only lasted a couple days and was from the Cath. I would call and ask about it. Some pain sticks around from the stretching from the Cath and equipment they use. Mine didn't last that long tho.

• Posted

Doc also told me scar tissue can form. He said if it did it's easy to take care of.

• Posted

Could  your father ask the doctor HOW he would remove the scar tissue if any were to form?  Laser, electric knife, etc.  I would really appreciate it.
    • Posted

It's easy for a doctor to say that it's easy.  Some strictures caused by TURP or cystoscopies may end up requiring surgical repair, sometimes with mucous flaps taken from the inside of your mouth..   Dilation is sometimes done, but the success rate is not generally good, as it may have to be repeated multiple times.

• Posted

Lol was me had the surgery . I had to have it repeated to take out more tissue. Doc said if I still had problems it would be from scar tissue or bladder muscles problems. He told me how he would do it I don't remember. Was still kind of out of it. Would be in his office. Said he would give me something to put up in there to heal it as well. Said it wouldn't hurt. And it's common to get scar tissue forming just inside the tip . I think I had some after the first op. Could feel it. He had to scope me and i think he got it loose. I had some bleeding for 3 days and some tissue came out. Then the minor pain when urinating I still had from first op was gone. It healed up. Have no issues now. He uses a Cath to see if he can feel any resistance in urethra. Tells him there may be scar tissue. If it's only been 2 months I imagine he has a follow up appointment in a month? They usually do one at the 3 month post op date. Like I said before. It can't hurt to call docs office and ask just to be sure

• Posted

Buddy of mine had TURP done cause he couldn't pee at all. Nurse who cathed him in ER was in training. Damaged his urethra. He has to have it fixed now.

• Posted

Hi,

You should contact your father's doctor. He may have a urinary tract infection which may need treating. Good luck.

Jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.