Eptopic beats upsetting my quality of life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Svt started for me 31 years ago 8 years ago was ablated svt cured but I noticed funny beats straight away was diagnosed as benign eptopics and told I had an anxious personar I've had good weeks and bad weeks these thing really effect your quality of life anyone found good ways of controlling them darryl

??

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

sounds like magnesium citrate might help.  Magnesium is the key electrolyte that helps control our "electrical system" like heart beats.   I'm sure  you know that..Also, magnesium reducers like sugar can bring on low levels and trouble.  Magnesium citrate comes in a form called "CALM" and it sounds like it might fit you... it works for me... 

• Posted

Hi mate I'm taking g magnesium oxide 500mg twice a day is this the same type been taking g it for 5 days was at docs today the nurse practitioner felt them in my pulse have to go back to moron for ecg let's hope they catch them they have been very troublesome for a month now !!!

• Posted

Hey,, they say it takes quite a while to change the "intracellular magnesium" where it does some good.  So don't expect immediate results.  Also, blood tests won't reveal the true intracellular magnesium.  They have a serum test tha works.  Anyway, there are magnesium compounds such as magnesium Citrate, magnesium taurate?? etc.. you can check and find out the ones that are easy for the body to injest.  Your daily intake should be 800mg... If your ECG is not catching the AFIB, ask for a 2 week holter monitor .  You click it when you're having trouble and it records the episode.  

• Posted

Haven't been diagnosed with a fib as yet roper only benign eptopics just after my ablation for svt although I did have a fib during the procedure but was told that was not unusual I'm hoping it's just stress and anxiety that have made them worse I DI'd lose a lot of weight and they completely stopped but lost my dog and that put me back on food which gained the weight I do have a hiatus hernia which is large I'm wondering if this is not helping so I'm back on a light diet hoping it helps time will tell regards darryl.

• Posted

All my previous holter monitors and tapes have been told were benign but I'm getting many more missed beats no pain breathing slightly a struggle but I get that with hiatus hernia also. Regards daz

• Posted

well the magnesium will definitely help with the anxiety.. it seems to settle that anxious feeling ... I buy it as a powder...  but whatever you have probably does the same...
    • Posted

I'm taking 600 mg of the oxide it says 1 or 2 tablets a day they are 500mg delivering 300g per tablet hope it's not to much I'll keep yo posted regards darryl

• Posted

I hope it kicks in not sure whether I'm just over the top anxiety yet again I'll stick with the 600 mg for a week or so had a good start to bed time last night it calmed down yet back again this morning no racing just missing beats hear and there sometimes one beat then miss then 2 beats then miss then 3 beats then miss then it might settle again for a minute or two then it might miss one beat one miss one beat one miss one beat one well all over the place but no pain just ocational shortness of breath but that is there also with no miss beats at times maybe just anxiety regards darryl

• Posted

You are so right  it does ruin your enjoyment of life.  I have suffered with "Benign ventricular Ectopics" on and off for the last 2 years, now seems all the time . I have  also suffered with anxiety attacks  on and off the past 30 years.I now think the two are caused by the same thing......surges of adrenaline. The cardiologist said 'dont keep thinking about it..makes it worse'  Ridiculous!!!. The only time I dont feel them is when I'm asleep at night. The future seems bleak.

• Posted

Hi Linda I was feeling g better for a while now feeling crap again how does your anxiety make you feel? as I think my heart skipping brings on the anxiety ,I kind of feel spaced out and feelings like pressure on my chest constant feare of something terrible is about to happen !!
    • Posted

Hello darryl, sometimes  every ectopic beat feels like a stab of anxiety and I feel vile inside. before last Christmas  I had a long episode of anxiety attacks (worse upon waking in the morning.....utterly malignant and the ectopics raged inside me)  After seeing 2 Drs who did NOTHING for me a third Dr gave me a few Diazepam tablets (they are reluctant to prescribe these) which did help in that I didnt feel the ectopics  so  badly.   Being asleep is the best  !!!!!!  Dear God.
    • Posted

The same for me sleeping is my salvation but it doesn't pay the bills keeping busy helps sometimes focusing on something helps I'm not sure weather the anxiety is the problem or its the eptopics in other words what's first the missed beats or the anxiety does my head in lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.