Post Haemorrhoidectomy question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am one week after surgery and in extreme pain. My doctor had to prescribe stronger painkillers that are not helping. My concern is that I am not eating much but moving my bowels 2 to 3 times a day which ends up with me crying. I know the recovery is long but I need reassurance that it will get better.

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Joola, I am just 11 post surgery and things have gotten a lot better. I am still sore but not in pain. The BM's still burn but nothing like it once did. Remember to drink lots of water and take your stool softeners. Do sitz baths regularly and alternate it between warm water and ice cold water. The cold water helps with swelling. Things will eventually get better.

For now happy healing...

• Posted

Thank you for the reassurance. I am doing all the things you mentioned. I cant see the end of the tunnel yet but I am hopeful.
    • Posted

Hi, I am now 18 days post surgery and what a difference! I am hardly on any pain meds and am getting about at home very well. It still hurts a lot when having a BM but it is getting better. There is light at the end of the tunnel after all, thank you!
  • Posted

Hi both

I'm now 3 months post op and I can honestly say it does get easier ! But you can't rush it ! Your body still needs to rest lots ! I stopped with laxatives after about 4 weeks! Don't get worried if you feel like you are having a good few days then get a bad day as this recovery is two steps forward and one back !

I felt more myself reslly since before Christmas! My life line was ice packs and hot water bottles alternating them every couple of hours ! Also hot baths 4-5 times a day !

There is light at the end of the tunnel ! I didn't think I would cone out the other end and I have ! At the time I did regret the op But now I'm thinking it was the best thing o have done as the Hems were giving me so much grief and pain !

Happy recovery and I'm here if you need to ask any questions ! This forum was also my lifeline!

Xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your reassurance. I am doing the ice and heat thing. The BM's have me in tears. Like you I am wondering if I should have gone through with it but if it is succesful I will get my life back.

• Posted

Yes the b/ms are a massive ordeal at the beginning ! The flax seed was such a help !

I haven't felt this great in 10 years!!

Lisa xxxx

• Posted

I can imagine how good you feel. I dont know anything else but pain for years. So much to look forward to. I just want to be able to go for a walk.
    • Posted

Don't be upset if you have a couple of good days then a bad day as that happens to ! This recovery is 2 steps forward and 1 back ! But they become less and less ! Drinking plenty of water reslly helps to ! Xx

• Posted

I was meant ro sad Aswell that when I just had the op I never thought I'd feel well again ! It will come ! Listen to your body and don't over do anything as that will delay recovery too xxx

• Posted

Now18 days post op and I am much better. Thank you for all your help.
  • Posted

One week is nothing and the pain is unbelievable. I was on morphine and it did not help and the day after the op I had a BM 10 times and a lot of tears. Could not walk, stand or lie down just constant pain BUT by the end of my 2nd week I was off all pain killers and after each BM I very gently showered and put a soft pad between my butt covered in Vaseline.... it felt like heaven reduced the soreness by 50 %. Now, two months later it is just fantastic best I have been in more than 20 years. Stick with it, promise you the best is yet to come 👍👍👍👍

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience. The pain is relentless but maybe I am expecting too much at this stage. I sent my OH out for Vaseline so hope it helps. I cant wait to be able to live again.
    • Posted

Now 18 days post op and I am much better. Thanks for your advice.
  • Posted

I lost 3 kilos after my haemorroidectomy. Can get into my size 10 jeans 👖 now easily. It just gets better and better believe me.

Two months on and I am over the moon 🌙

• Posted

You will you will you will be over the moon too. HONESTLY 🤗. I bought 2 large jars Vaseline and used 1.1/2 , cannot tell you how it soothed my poor bum. Try it and see. Wishing you the best of luck. June

• Posted

I have the Vaseline on now but no soothing yet as I had a very painful BM. Watching the clock for my next pain med.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.