Orlistat - New to weightloss pills

Posted , 5 users are following.

Started Orlistat 14/2/17 had first tablet with dinner and didn't get anything. 4 days later I'm getting the side effects of oily stools and oily leakage but its not bad enough to stop taking. I'm 184lb and go to the gym 2/3 times a week and have a weigh in on sundays am looking forward to tomorrow's as hopefully the gym and pills together have made me lose more than 1lb like I had last week with just the gym. Slightly optimistic but will post again soon. What's everyone elses take on this? Effective weightloss with exercise or placebo?

Laura

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You need to eat below 5g of fat per 100g else you will get the oil. The longer you take them the side effects get worse if you eat too much fat.
    • Posted

Thank you, thats good to know smile feel like I need nappies at 29 lol

• Posted

Hi lollydaniels, I started taking orlistat on Wednesday that would be the 15/2/17 , I haven't had any side effects yet, but still working out what to eat , my daughter goes to slimming world so I have been look at that ,  as a lot off people on here have mentioned that they are following that eating plan, I went about 20 years ago and lost weight but with health issues and medication I have put loads of weight on, I laugh as when I went to saw all those years ago I only had a few stone to loss , the weight I was then is what I'm needing to loss now and even then I won't be what I was , not that I'm looking to be really thin but I need to loss about ten stone , but baby steps I finally got the doctor to give me the tablet as every time I went to get it I had a chest infection and ended up back on high dose steroids and antibiotics but finally I am giving it a go , my gp said that I have not to get my hopes up to much as I am on so much medication that it might not work, I thought that was not very encouraging,lol

• Posted

Currently No weightloss - been on it 5 days and not weightloss at all. Annoyed but i guess I probably put too much hope on this
    • Posted

The tablets don't make you loose weight they just rid any extra fat you eat. I was on 1200 calories a day and nothing over 5g of fat per 100g

They will only work if you are on a strict diet.

• Posted

Hey its different for every one I was on these bout 10 years ago and they amazed me I lost loads of weight with help of gym and cutting out some sugar I went from size 20 to about size 10 s**ting alot wasnt pleasant but at time was worth it for me.I've just started taking them again as after baby number 3 and foot injury I gained a couple of stone and so far they have not done a thing for me there not as good as they used to be but stick with them and give them a good go hopefully it will start to work

• Posted

Hi Laura

Aim is to have no more than 15g fat per meal and hopefully you won't get the side effects. 5gper 100 g. I use my fitness pal app on phone helps you track what you have eaten and how much fat you have had 👍 I'm

Post op had kidney cancer so I can't take mine at moment but can't wait to get back on track. Good luck xx

• Posted

Hi,

I too have started taking orlistat. I have been on it since Monday and nothing lost yet! No side effects or anything and I have been testing the limits fat wise but nothing! My current weight is 182lbs. I had hoped there would be some differenc as I have been eating much healthier this week? I will stick with it and hopefully it will start to work!

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.