My daughter gets it every 3 months, we have tried cream,...

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter gets it every 3 months, we have tried cream, tablets and medicine. Have u any ideas?

[i:e7a744fe23]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e7a744fe23]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My suggestion would be to wake your GP up and demand that he refer her to a Consultant Dermatologist at your local Hospital, IMMEADIATLY.:shock:

[i:bf02a7baac]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bf02a7baac]

• Posted

I have suffered with recurring impetigo since I was 17, and am now 31!!! As I find doctors particularly useless, I use fucidin (fusidic acid) cream. This isn't available off prescription, but you can purchase it for £2 in Greece and Spain. I use it most days on any spots or cuts, as I belive prevention is better than cure! When it does rear it's ugly head, it's much easier to get rid of if using the cream regularly. I usually buy 6 tubes each time I go on holiday.

On a more natural level, you may find echinacea and vitamin C useful to take to keep the immune system functioning.

[i:bcaafa03f7]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bcaafa03f7]

• Posted

You should get a nasal swab done. Reccurring impetigo is NOT normal, and you can be carrying staph bacteria in your nose. If you are carrying staph bacteria in your nostrils, you will be prescribed a cream that will kill it. poof. No more outbreaks.
  • Posted

My wife has suffered from what sounds like impetigo for the past 19 years. It manifests itself as a red sore on her top lip which blisters and crusts over. For obvious reasons it makes her very unhappy and we’ve tried everything to find a solution. The doctors always prescribe antibiotics which at best temporarily solve the problem. Unfortunately about five years ago the situation deteriorated quite badly and instead of an outbreak two or three times a year, it would appear within weeks of another larger and longer series of antibiotics. This carried on for around two years when just as another outbreak occurred I suggested putting a little of the anti-bacterial hand gel she uses all the time on her lip. The red sore went down within half an hour without an outbreak. Unfortunately she uses it several times a day now but rarely gets an attack and if she does it disappears immediately. I am not a doctor and have no idea if this could cause any long term problems but if anyone out there is suffering from the same long term problems it maybe worth a try if you are desperate. Good luck! (By the way this is not a cure just a treatment).
  • Posted

GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had recurring impetigo for 1.5 years (I think a total of 4-5 times during that period) and it was so awful. Literally sometimes I thought I wanted to kill myself so I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATIONS. Multiple rounds of powerful antibiotics (oral AND topical) could not phase this resistant little ------. My doctor ended up diagnosing me with seborrhea, which would turn into impetigo. On the final round of antibiotics during that time, I started to look up "natural and holistic ways to cure recurring impetigo". After probably hours searching through feeds, I saw grapefruit seed extract and went straight to the health food store (btw, I had tried olive leaf extract, garlic, colloidal silver). It's been almost four months and I have no signs of it returning. There were a few times about a month after taking GFSE orally (3x days) that I felt a certain "itch" start up--- I knew when it was coming ALWAYS (btw was tested for HSV I & II and both were negative), and so I knew the familiar itching. When I felt it, I applied the concentrated GFSE to my actual edge of my lip where it always started. I also changed my diet to mostly plant-based (vegan). Recently I had a check up and my doctor was delighted that I wasn't having outbreaks anymore, which I'm pretty sure he assumed was because of what he was doing (i.e. Prescribing antibiotics) instead of what I told him I had changed in my lifestyle. He ended up diagnosing me with seborrhea (look it up if you want), but I knew this was just a BS diagnosis to make him and me to "feel better", or whatever. He sent me off with a prescription for a steroid, though and told me to apply it 2x a day, BUT only for 1 week at a time because it may thin my skin permenantly..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I just told you I'm pretty sure I cured my ailment with grapefruit seed extract and you want me to what?!! That prescription has been filled but is not in use. Anyway, recurring impetigo SUCKS! Hopefully my experience helps you! I've also heard medical honey works extremely well! Try to maintain a vegan diet as well, I believe that has helped a lot. Keep fighting the good fight!

What I recommend:

Grapefruit seed extract 3x/day

Grapefruit seed extract concentrated liquid on actual sores while they're red/crusty yellow/healing... I also recommend it whenever there's an "itch or tingle".

Also, maybe mixing into motion for everyday/other day/weekly use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.