COMPLEX CYST with MURAL NODULE TERRIFIED!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 42 Year old with 3 kids (2 natural birth one c-section) I have had a cyst on my right ovary for many years but it was always 4cm or so never seemed to concern the doctors or it was not investigated further. Recently, I had a pelvic and abdominal CT as I've been having some pain during bowel movements when I have my period. My doctor thought it could possibly be some endometriosis but called for CT to check into it. CT came back with no findings other than a cyst on my ovary (CT reported it as somewhat heterogenous adnexal lesion) which they recommended an ultrasound to look further.

Today I had the ultrasound and the findings show a 5.9 cm complex cystic lesion on my right ovary with mural nodule. They recommended a MRI without gadolinium for further characterization.

I googled complex cyst with mural nodule and all I see is ovarian cancer and really scary stuff and I'm literally so full of anxiety right now, I am actually shaking I'm so terrified! My stomach has been turning all night. I am going to schedule the MRI tomorrow but I feel like I'm going to be in complete fear until I figure out what's going on.

Has anyone had anything similar and what were your outcomes? I really hope I am freaking out for nothing and all will be ok but I'm extremely terrified. Hoping someone can calm my fears!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You're not alone! I also have Complex Cystic Lesion with a mural nodule on my left ovary. The mural nodule grew from .9cm to 1.4cm in 3 months. My gyno said surgery will be an option if the cyst grows to 5cm or more but ive been left in the dark and no more imaging or keeping up on it has been talked about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.