Complex ovarian cyst 9 mm - concern for neoplasia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had a similar report??? i am a 26 yr old healthy fit person and am just trying to make sense of this.

impression:

marked enlargement and replacement of the right ovary by a 9.9 cm mixed cystic and solid mass with internal vascularity, worrisome of neoplasia. in addition, although left ovary is not enlarged, its contains a 1.8 cm complex cystic lesion, without appreciable internal vascularity.

has anyone had a similar result and went through surgery? what were the results of your biopsy? my follow up with my gyn is next this tuesdayp and hopefully i can get these things removed ASAP. please any feedback would help. ive been with my bf for 7 years and we want to start a family. Doc already mentioned my right ovary will likely be removed im ok with just one!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i had a cyst that was getting bigger so they had to removed it they did 3 small incesion the biopsy was find they had to remove my ovary and tube i hope everything goes fine

• Posted

did you have a similar report ?? trying to make any comparison with someone who ended up with a benign cyst. i should have my mri results today or tomorrow ... just so anxious and afraid.

crying is all i do other than wince in pain from what this thing inside me is doing to me

• Posted

Hi sorry you going through this, I know it is a very scary time.

Try to do something nice and calming each day to try and relax (easier said I know)

I know you will already know this but that term means it could be a benign tumour or Boderline or malignant

I had what turned out to be a Boderline ovarian tumour removed last year (All test were stackingup to it being malignant) and neoplasia was used in the terminology as it means tumour.

Have you had ca-125 blood tests done?

What types of scans have you had so far?

Try to stay calm, the waiting is really the worst, you will have a plan soon x

• Posted

hi ange34. thank you for your reply!! i did an mri, tvs and abdominal as well as ca125 and its a large dermoid cyst. my surgery is this tuesday!! not too sure if doctor is removing entire ovary theyre going to do all they can to salvage it but its so enlarged my gyn said to expect removal.

• Posted

Good look with your surgery. I am also having

surgery tomorrow, must be a lucky day x

• Posted

I haven't got my biopsy back yet but my complex cyst seemed similar to yours, except it turned out to be 15cm. It had mild blood flow like yours and lots of strange, funky bits in it and was growing pretty rapidly for a complex cyst. Mine also had blood flow in the solid part which yours doesn't seem to (that's a good thing for you!). I got it out 5 days ago and haven't heard anything yet. My gyno seemed to think there was absolutely nothing to worry about.... He even left my ovary in there, so it must not have looked particularly suspicious up close. Surgery was completely straight forward and within 2 days I was off all pain meds. I spent MONTHS freaking out and thinking I was definitely terminal after readings lots on google, but now I think it's probably just a plain old complex cyst. Hopefully that calms your nerves a little bit. The waiting game is no fun!

• Posted

hi ella2841. i actually just got surgery on monday and i had an mri since this post and it was a dermoid cyst and it was benign. my doctor also saved my ovary.. i am still in pain on day 2 today but i think it also has to do with lack of bowel movement! sorry TMI. doctor said surgery went perfectly .. only result im waiting for is a a precautionary d&c as my mother has uterine cancer. however, doc already mentioned he didnt see anything it is just for precautionary measures. cant wait to heal up and move on with my life. how is your recovery going? are you also having trouble with bowel movements?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.