Complex thick walled irregular borders ovarian cysts with blood flow !!b

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help me I am scaring myself to the point I can't cope anymore.i had a scan in November after a 3 week period to check for fibroids and one was found but I had enlarged ovaries too and one being heterogenous in texture.last wed I had a repeat scan shaping the heterogenous ovary as now 3 small thick walled irregular borders cysts with increased vascularity.my other ovary couldn't be seen for fluid which has scared me to death as after googling Thai seems to be ascites !!! I went to the dr petrified he went through my scan report and said nothing showed to him this is cancer ?!?! Well I said I have 3 complex cysts with thick walls blood flow irregular borders and free fluid ?!?! He said wait to see my gyno feb 9th as that's my follow up ? Surely he should have referred me urgently or the sonographer should have told me to see gyno asap !!!!! Can someone please please help me.all I see is ovarian cancer in all my scan report !!!my dr gave me beta blockers as I was so anxious why didn't he refer me as urgent seeing this report it doesn't make sense as j know the earlier diagnosis the better !!! Has anyone had anything similar or can share their story of its like mine please .many thanks Michelle xxxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand your fear and I've done those searches. I had a large complex cyst and fluid. I can tell you it was a borderline cyst but not cancer. Hope this helps xx
    • Posted

Thanks sue so much.ws your cyst large ? I have 3 in one ovary all complex largest being 20 x 14mm quite small. colour Doppler showed blood flow to it which has scared me as I've researched !!! Did yours too? How long did you have to wait for answers mine is taking forever I am worn out through worrying and Dr has put me in beta blockers to try and calm me.did they tell you about fluid in scan ? Sorry for questions love Michelle xxx
    • Posted

It was about 30cm when they took it out. Think I had a smaller one as well on the same ovary. Not sure about blood flow but mine had nodules and everything I read about them was bad the Internet is a scary place. I was told there was a small amount of fluid in my abdomen. They actually told me mine was suspected cancer so it was just over a month from seeing the doctor to my surgery xxx
  • Posted

I too had a football size ovarian cyst/mucinious tumor 15cm in size that had fluid and blood flow, it was not cancer.  Avoid those internet searches, they can make you very nervous!  Lots of luck to you.
    • Posted

Thank you so you mean fluid in cyst or free fluid in ovary Rhonda ? I really am going to stop googling now as its scared me to death !!! As I have thick walls and irregular borders I tapped it in with free fluid and guess what pops up every bloody time !!!!!! Then i see these comments and calm down a bit thankyou so much xxx
  • Posted

I had fluid in both the ovary as well as in the growth.  The ultrasound tech had me SO scared when they first looked at my images.  I should mention that a friend of mind is a sonographer so I was given a more direct type session where both the doctor and tech were speaking their thoughts out loud.  I left my initial medical visit devestated and thinking I had cancer as they were very concerned about the fluid.  As such, the fluid was just mucus and really of no concern.  If you have not gone through menopause your issue is more than likely benign.  There is even a chance at your next visit thoses cysts may be gone.  Please keep the faith :>)  I know how hard it is, however I worried myself so much, for no reason.  It's not worth the stress.
    • Posted

Thank you so much Rhonda 😘😘what I Kant was dos you have fluid around ovary as in pelvic area i didn't make myskef clear sorry? She couldn't see my left ovary last week as there was too much fluid around the area but in novembers scan it was fine showing 2 simple cysts ! I did ask if I have free fluid in pelvis and she said no ? Very strange lol !! My right ovary with the complex cysts hasn't grown since novembers scan I'm hoping this is a good thing ! My ovary is 12cc enlarged with these cysts inside.im better today but it comes and goes thank you so much Michelle xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.