complicaions after hiatial hernia surgury

Posted , 4 users are following.

so its been 3 weeks now since surgury, 2 trips to the ER 2 cat scans. my wife has a lot of drainage from her incision in her bellybutton. like 1 gallon a day. we are using a stoma bag to catch the fluid, empty it every hr. the liquid is light yellow, little to no smell.  but wont stop. the dr. didnt believe us how much is being dained. he is not concerned but i am.. im going to tell the dr. i want a byopsy of the liquid to find out were it is comming from. her belly is extremly full and hangs low like she is carring 30 pounds of liquid..   anybody have any knowledge or recomendations thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had this surgery twice and they never went through my belly button. I had five small incisions higher on my stomach. I never had any drainage from any of mine. I hope they figure this out.
  • Posted

Don't lik th sound of this. i would be very concerned. I was all set to have hiatal hernia op when a gastro professor at a hospital in Sydney diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome. I too have a discharge from my belly button on occasions. i am bloated all the time and it is said that I  have an intolerance to some foods. I am to have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy next week to check out my stomach again and my bowel. i do havepolyps in tye neck of the stomach. Also had Heliobactil pylori and was treated twice to clear thaat up. Said that maybe there is gastritis caused from that. Inflamation in the lining of the stomnach. If i were you i wouldbee seeking a lot of further investigations from someone other than the drs you are seeing at the moment. Nothing like 2n or even 3rd opinions. Hope you get some help. Would like to hear back andsee how you fared. i have no energy and have been told no lifting or bending as that agrevates the stomach from thye bloating. Also I do have fluid retention from the bloat. Doesn't allow the bladder to empty properly. Sometimes cuses me both bpwel and bladder incontinence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.