Confused - not sure what’s going on — B12 symptoms??

Posted , 2 users are following.

very confused --- had female issues down there that had me convinced I had either bacterial or fungal infection.extremely itchy, burning skin, developed cuts and burning in urethra randomly throughout day (not when urinating) I have never had unprotected sex and tested negative for eveything

i am intimate with my partner and my body freaks out on me -- itch inside nose, bloating, gas, cramping, diarrhea, nausea-- severe muscle twitching, cuts/super dry lips that blister, sores inside cheek and gums, tingling in my heels / plantar faasciitis pain, chills etc

go back for more testing which shows my WBC COUNT is elevated

I test negative for everything again including auto immune

did another round of tests --- my vitamin B12 is very low / told im deficient and bordedline anemic and need injections every 2 weeks

had my first shot today - initially felt better BUT then full body muscle twitching has kicked in hard and I randomly had the worst charlie horse muscle spasm in my leg

1. is that type of reaction to the first injection normal? i read online if you have muscle spasms as a reaction its because B12 made potassium blood levels drop?

2. do ALL these symptoms sound like B12 deficiency?? I am still convinced its some type of systemic infection ?!?

3. anyone know what this could be???? Im desperate for answers!!!

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Honey -

How are you doing now? I can see that this post is old.

I would expect that this is your bodys reaction to having an elevated b12 level and finally getting the help it needs.

I too have started the injections and currently feel worse, but have an open mind that things will improve.

Curious to know your progress 😃

Thanks

Jack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.