consistent lower chest pain for weeks with reflux

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had consistent lower chest pain for weeks now and endoscopy didn't show any thing. Has anybody else has had this symptom with reflux? Sometime there is no reflux or feeling of it for days yet the pain persists.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh, yes! i have had the fundoplication never remember the myometr hyer what ever! anyway, when this is done, as you know when you sleep the fluid/ acid goes upward we get a bigger dose because we have nothing to keep it in our stomach. For me it was like a miserable elphant of pain sitting around my breast bone. Here is the solution that works for me. Elevate the head of your bed, bed risers work, just use on the top. 40 mg of omeprazole in the AM. after taking wait 1 hour before eating. 20 mg omeprazole at night usually a couple hours before i go to bed. yes i know its not good for your bones. I have been told by my gastroenterologist that this actually doesnt reduce acid. so if you eat an acidic meal take a couple tums.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.