constant sore throat. feeling of food getting stuck.

Posted , 2 users are following.

about 3 months ago I was happily playing x box with my four year old eating a packet of crisps. I felt one get stuck at the side of my throat. I didn't panic. I sat down and drank a bottle of water. felt like it had gone after about 20 minutes. scared me a little but was just one of those things. this happened on the Sunday. fast forward to Wednesday. went to the dentist had 4 fillings done. got home once the numbing had worn off, I was unable to eat, i was standing trying to get food down holding the front of my throat. Friday I went to the put of hours doctors they said my throat was red with white spots and it was acid, given anti acids and told to phone my doctor. got worse again two days later. went back to doctors he said he didn't know if it was infection from the crisp or acid. given antibiotics. started to eat a little again was scared but was ok. then the antibiotics gave me bad thrush. stop eating again as whole mouth was burning. acid got worse. fast forward about a month barely eating, sister phoned an ambulance as I couldnt stay awake and kept shaking, if my blood sugars had gone 0.2 lower would have gone into a coma, doctor arranged for emergency camera down. had camera done, barium swallow was arranged all the while I'm on my 3rd lot of medication trying to remove the thrush. couldn't open my bowels, had to start having supportisies, starting feeling dizzy and faint. trouble going out. doctor prescribed beta blockers. convinced myself that if anything was wrong they would of picked it up on the swallow test straight away. started eating, decided I would rather choke than starve to death. thought I was doing ok until I weighed myself today and lost another 3 pounds, that's 3 stone since end of March. the doctor swobbed my tongue and prescribed another course of fluconazole and is referring me to an oral surgeon. I wish someone would just look at my throat. I know the doctors am trying to help me but it just seems like it's going on so long. I'm fed up not being able to eat and having no energy. I know my axienty is bad but my axienty didn't cause this not being able to heal my throat or help myself as caused the axienty. I just want to get better and I keep trying but I don't seem to get anywhere. has anyone ever experienced this. my friends and loved ones don't understand.

I have also been back to my dentist to have the fillings checked. I wish I never had them done

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi did you ever get this sorted out? Similar symptoms and situation to myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.