Contamination OCD need help?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had OCD for as long as I can remember but lately it's focused on contracting HIV I wash my hands and feet with bleach wear multiple layers of clothes and constantly wash my hands, at least 80 times a day! Lately though I've started to feel like I don't control my own mind I feel like I'm constantly confused and lost in my own thoughts because my mind is always racing, my newest thing is that I'm going to get a blood clot and die because I got my blood pressure checked and it was high but my gp said it would be down to my anxiety. Can anyone help I'm currently doing cbt and not taking medication because citoplam (not sure how to spell it) was giving me side affects I literally feel like I'm going insane and I'm only 19 I just want my life back!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your gp and see if there is another medication you could try and see if there is any other therapies you could try. X
  • Posted

At 19...it is highly unlikely that you have HIV....

I was told by a counselor...that HIV is typically contracted by men...and that is because men tend to have anal sex...when the anus is penetrated...it leads to tears in the skin where disease and blood can be in contact with an infected person.

You can not catch it from toilet seats...door handles etc.  Washing your hands with bleach will not stop anything if you have already contracted something..it will just dry out your skin and cause redness.

As far as the blood pressure...how high is it?  Blood pressure fluctuates...If it is taken after you just walked a little bit or are nervous...it will be higher. 

Drink lots of water...water controls blood pressure.

Blood clots...your "platelets" which are measured by a blood test (usually monitored in routine blood tests) would be HIGH if you were at risk for having blood clots.  Ask your Dr. if you platelets were within normal range...if they are..you have no need to worry about blood clotting.  High blood pressure does not equal clotting.

• Posted

Have you been checked for PANDAS its when you have had strep throat and somehow it infects your blood and the outcome is ocd and such.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.