coronaviras 12 week isolation

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, the government say that the NHS will contact 1,4 million people next week to self isolate, does anybody know if this includes RA patients? many thanks

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I don't now but as i am on a biologic I am

immune suppressed - therefore I assume that means me! I cannot imagine for a moment that will be contacted within a few week Personally I I'll socially isolate but go outdoors.

• Posted

Hi, i have RA. and on biological injections. i spoke to my Rheumatology depart last week to ask advice. I am over 70 and should be social isolating anyway. The nurse did tell me that i am more vunerable being on the meds and to isolate as much as possible. This i have done, apart from a little walk with the dog and have some fresh air to prevent cabin fever. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Carole90704

Government Guidelines in UK tell us to self isolate if you are elderly and anyone with underlying health conditions for 3 months. RA is an autoimmune condition so yes you must self isolate for 3 months because the elderly and medically impaired are vulnerable to the Corona Virus...

• Posted

It should do. In Table 1 of this

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/03/clinical-guide-rheumatology-patients-v1-19-march-2020.pdf

the various rheumatological conditions are listed with the risk grading, Increased, High, Very High.

In Table 2 they list the increased risks for various medications.

RA in and of itself is a high or increased risk, then it depends on your medication. Any biologic puts you in the High/Very High class.

• Posted

My rheumatologist office was pretty emphatic about self-isolating as I am on methotrexate. I am 73 years old and in good health but things change when one contracts the virus. Maybe I would come out of it okay, but I would not want to take the chance. I take walks in my village and so do many others. But we maintain a wide distance between each other. Yard work also helps to get exercise and change mood.

• Posted

Hi I am writing from NYC the Epic center of the Virus in United States. I have PSoratic Arthritis and Asthma. The word here is to stay in as much as possible to avoid contact with anyone who might have the Corona Virus. However, we are urged to keep exercising , going out for short walks, grocery store, and pharmacy . If we look at China as our model, we can expect this to go on for about 2 months if everyone is careful. Always wash hands when ever going out or returning. Clean surfaces , floors. That is the news here. I hope you remain healthy. Take good care!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much everyone for your replies

• Posted

sorry just read again and it is

• Edited

Hi I am 61 years old and I am on the bio genetic injections for Rheumatoid arthritis, I maybe don't fall into the category for self isolation, I still go to the supermarket I do try to be careful avoiding contact with anyone, and I keep using hand sanitiser in the car when I need it

• Edited

Patients on biologic drugs automatically are classed in the very high risk category. Please do have a look at the link I posted above. It is aimed at doctors but the two tables are quite clear about risks associated with each disease and each drug.

• Posted

12 weeks!! omg need any info on this yall! stay well fellow sufferers

im in Methotrexate and prednisone...

how about yall?????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.