Costo or Not? Secondary Pain Lower Left Rib.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

About 6-8 months into having Costochondritis I developed a seperate pain in the lower left rib. At first, the pain in my chest was so bad, and I was so concerned it was heart related it wasn't my priorty. Slowly over the last year the pains have flipped. My chest is doing much better, but the pain in my side is worse. It never goes away. At the very least, it's a pain level of 4. The pain increases when I inhale or eat any food that causes inflammation, i.e. sugar, fat. I've had my spleen and stomach checked, according my doctors, everything is fine there.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm starting to think I developed a secondary condition seperate from Costo, but I'm out of ideas. 

Also, on a slighty embarrassing note; I have more gas than ever in my life since this whole ordeal started. My diet is super clean; I can eat chicken and zucchini or turkey and an apple and still have abnormal amounts of gas. Early on, I met with a Gastoenterologist who had me try Omeprazole, didn't do anything. 

Feels like with stretching and some other products I'm using to loosen the ribs at my spine I've finally made progress on my chest pain. I'm pretty frustrated at this point that nothing affects the lower lef side pain, fatigue, or gas. 

Appreciate any input. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ah yes, the gas!!!! I also have the pain in my side. My coscochondritis is on my right side! I thought it had to be on the left to be coscochondritis! I had lung cancer surgery 3 years ago and I can't help but think this is a product of said surgery! I also think I don't drink nearly enough water and the med "cocktail" that I take every morning stirs things up! I do take chewable Tums and that seems to help! I stretch a lot during the day when the pain is not too bad ... I try to stay as active as possible ...

• Posted

I have the same pain except my pain used to just be near the side next to my breast and underneath my breast so when I wear a bra with wire it would hurt

Now my pain is all over my ribs on both sides

Under my arms, under my breast, the bottom of each rib in front and the bottom of each rib on the side. Yes I have so much gas like never before

And my shoulder areas hurt on both sides

Also my ribs in my upper and lower back hurt when I press them sometimes it hurts to lay on my back or my side. I'm not sure how long my pain has been because for the last year I have had on and off rib pain. It all started after I had my son last March with a csection.

If anyone knows any relief please share

• Posted

Hi there I was wondering how u were feeling? I’ve had costo for about 2 years now. Just lately tho I’m getting a lot of rib pain under breast on left side. I worry cos people say heart related sad did u go to the doctors or did it settle? Horrible pain when it’s in the chest but th ribs are worrying me now sad 
  • Posted

Also I forgot to mention the fatigue and dry eyes symptoms as well. I'm always feeling tired and my eyes are always dry when I wake some mornings

• Posted

Honestly, I'd keep the pain and ditch the fatigue if I had the choice to be rid of one or the other. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.