Could this be anxiety still?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hey guys so i'll try to make this short. I have been dealing with chest pain dizziness and a racing heart for the last 3 months. I have been to the cardiologist and I have had and echo and ekg and a stress test as well as a 24 hr monitor and everything seems to be normal they said. My hear rate is a little fast as well as my bp. They think I have anxiety. I Have come to except it but I dont feel it at anxious at all... I just feel the pain in my chest which concerns me that there is something wrong and they haven't found it yet. My cardiologist had told me to take prilosec for two weeks and it did help. I have been to the ER 4 times and they all send me away with anxiety and a fast heart rate. I haven't been back in about 4 weeks, but I was doing better after taking the prilo. Now i'm having a really weird feeling in my chest like its not beating right and it feels weak. I don't know what to do I was feeling better.. this has been bad for the last 3 days, this couldn't be anxiety right? I feel like my heart is just gonna give up. I'm 23 by the way 130 pounds and 5'1! Please help.  Made an apt with my cardiologist in two days but I'm worried i'm bothering him.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can have anxiety without personally feeling anxious.

Since your tests checked out okay it sounds like anxiety.

Anxiety can cause stomach issues and acid etc so maybe that is why you felt a little better using that.

• Posted

Do you think it really could be and not my heart because it feels so weird.. Like I feel normal everywhere else but my chest and heart are whats bothering me. I just hope my doctor isnt wrong. This just doesn't feel right!sad
    • Posted

Hi Courtney

IV been battling with anxiety on and off since the age of 18 and I'm 25, I'm 6'5 and 275 pounds full understand where u coming from, I battle with chest pains and as soon I get any sort of chest pain that start (which normally starts in the center or just of the left) I start to stress which then I create into a full blown panic attack cause I'm creating in my head that I'm going to have a heart attack 😔 IV gone to the doctor i Dno how many times done all the tests that can be done and IV been told that my heart is strong and healthy,

Honestly when I think about it logically I am healthy and ok but.... HOWEVER at the time when I'm having the chest pains and panic my world implodes and I think my world is going to end! I also believe that I think my doctors missed something! But hay it's been 7 years now and I'm still here!

(Regarding Carla reply breathing is key IV been listening to guided meditations for stress and panic which has helped me relax and helped with my breathing technique you are able to find them in YouTube)

I really hope find you happy place again and the anxiety fades, holding thumbs for you.

• Posted

Honestly anxiety messes you body up in so many ways, July of last year I ended up on the ER because my right was going a million per minute. I got to the ER did all sort of test and it came out perfect, they told me it was an anxiety attack/panic attack since then my life changed. I don't suffer from panic attacks anymore since I know how to relax myself and breath. Breathing is the key when your heart is racing, look up videos online they teach you how to breath. Since then, my body has experienced so many changes, pain and so on. I also believe that anything I feel is due to an illness and that I'm dying. So, based on my personal experience what you described sound like anxiety thinking.
    • Posted

Even if they weird pain and weakness is just there constantly, you think that could still be anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi Carlaburgos, You said your body has changed is so many ways, including pain. What pain in particular? Can anxiety cause you to have pain? I'm currently having all these aches in my arms and legs and i did all these tests and came back fine and docs think its anxiety. I just don't know how anxiety can make your body ache constantly (this been going on for 2 months).
    • Posted

sorry to hi-jack Courtney with my question to Carla above.

In regards to your post, I think you may have anxiety. I know what you mean when you say, you don't feel anxious at all why do I get these symptoms. I can't comprehend it too. Sometimes I would be happy and sit watching tv and relax and all of sudden I'll get heart racing or electric shocks in my chest, but its all due to anxiety. It comes and goes. When you first get these symptoms you start to freak out and think what's going on?! But once you accept and understand anxiety, it becomes part of you have to control. Trust me, I know what you're talking about and I hate it too. When I had the panic attacks, I thought too, I'm going to die and rushed to ER and then they did xray tests, post tests with ECG, cardiology, made me run on the treadmill and everything was fine. Hope you get better!

• Posted

I been feeling all sorts of weird aches since I got diagnosed with anxiety. My chest, legs, stomach, back, arms, and neck...the list can go on..
    • Posted

Your nerves are constant tension, that causes your body to ache. Is crazy, but when read about anxiety and what can cause to your body there is over hundred sypmtoms.
    • Posted

I'm going through T the same thing... I have anxiety / depression and long story short the doctor misdiagnosed me.. Now I have panic attacks... I was suppose to to get a colonoscopy but was too scared and I have abnormal bowels but I think it's stress and my depression... I have headaches and pain everywhere and I'm always stressed its something bad... I have pain in tailbone area sometimes and right and left rib area... Pain all over... I hate it and I hate going to the dr cause I feel they don't take me serious ... Where do you get pain and what kind of pain
    • Posted

Well doctors scare me so much thinking about it makes me ill. I feel I'm going to see a doctor and get the worse results maybe that I'm dying. Everything hurts one day is one thing and the next something else, for example today I have a pain in my tailbone and my belly. Yesterday was my jaw and neck ??

• Posted

I have those, usually I have 4 good days followed by 3 bad days. I'll have random pains. Chest, neck, jaw, arm, everything. It feels weak and sensitive in a way, like if you overwork it you'll die. I know exactly how you feel. Yes, it is anxiety. Its best just to realize it can't hurt you and don't scare yourself. Anxiety loves fear. I just had an ekg tonight and now i have a headache from overthinking about it so much.
  • Posted

I've been having ALL of those symptons, I keep feeling like I have lung problems or I'm gonna have a heart attack. It's scaring me. sad
  • Posted

I can be laughing at something on tv and an anxiety attack comes on there is no rhyme or reason to it

Stay Strongcheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.