Could this be anxiety still?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hey guys so i'll try to make this short. I have been dealing with chest pain dizziness and a racing heart for the last 3 months. I have been to the cardiologist and I have had and echo and ekg and a stress test as well as a 24 hr monitor and everything seems to be normal they said. My hear rate is a little fast as well as my bp. They think I have anxiety. I Have come to except it but I dont feel it at anxious at all... I just feel the pain in my chest which concerns me that there is something wrong and they haven't found it yet. My cardiologist had told me to take prilosec for two weeks and it did help. I have been to the ER 4 times and they all send me away with anxiety and a fast heart rate. I haven't been back in about 4 weeks, but I was doing better after taking the prilo. Now i'm having a really weird feeling in my chest like its not beating right and it feels weak. I don't know what to do I was feeling better.. this has been bad for the last 3 days, this couldn't be anxiety right? I feel like my heart is just gonna give up. I'm 23 by the way 130 pounds and 5'1! Please help.  Made an apt with my cardiologist in two days but I'm worried i'm bothering him.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

courtney if they say it's anxiety I would tend to believe them rather than worry yourself more. You  look in good shape so I wouldn't  overstress about it.
    • Posted

Thanks I'm trying not to my doctor suggested zoloft I'm a little scared to start taking it though because I've read some side effects.
    • Posted

I've had exactly what you've had, I'm also 23. Thought there was something wrong with my heart, was sure it was giving up on me. Had chest pains and shooting pains and heart flutters. It can absolutely be anxiety and I'm sure it probably is. I first got it over a year and a half ago, I got to the point where I just thought I don't care anymore. Worry is what makes it worse. You'll get there
  • Posted

Dont give up - the fact you are still here should provide you some comfort that this is more than likely anxiety and your mind playing games as its been temporarily rewired.

If you have had an Echo, Exercise ECG and a CT Scan / Calcium Score - there ltierally is nothing more you can do to be sure your heart is ok........those three are pretty much the rolls royce of tests on heart function and health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.