Cure for urticaria

Posted , 7 users are following.

Chinese traditional medicine can cure urticaria. It worked for my 8 year old nephew.  He had urticaria for almost 4 months. My nephew took 2 months of Chinese medicine but he is now medication free.

The first 2 weeks were terrible because of the Zyrtec withdrawal. His eyes, ears and lips were swollen. He had rashes and itches everywhere. But after 2 weeks it was not so bad. I think he could have been cured in a month if we had followed the Chinese doctor’s diet advice more closely. Now he eats whatever he wants with no problems, knock on wood. He has been medication and rash free only 12 days so far. I’ll let you guys know if it changes. 

Conventional doctor prescribed him zyrtec. Google search on its safety reveals a lawsuit that says Zyrtec’s withdrawal symptoms are terrible rashes. If my nephew had stayed on Zyrtec, he would probably be fine for a few years and then Zyrtec would fail him and he would have to start taking prednisone. Reading some of the stories on here made me really glad I took him to a Chinese doctor.

FYI

If anyone is going to try Chinese medicine, try not to take other medicine at the same time. Some of them can interfere with Chinese medicine. I read that one doctor has verified that Zyrtec does. Good luck.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Do you have the formula/prescription that was used? I'd be interested to know. Thanks 

• Posted

No, I don’t. It is all in Chinese and a Chinese doctor’s handwriting is just as terrible as any other doctor’s hadwriting.  I took it to someone who reads Chinese and they couldn’t read it.

The first week he was prescribed 3 things. Afterwards, I see 2 additional things added to his prescription but in lower dose. I was told my nephew was yang deficient and needs to eat more yang food. I was told to make him ginger water everyday, avoid fruits except apple, mango, grapes, eat a lot of rice and meat and use brown sugar, not white sugar, eat a lot of Chinese chives and that juicing will slow down his healing.

I think there are different types of urticaria so only a doctor would know what is best for you. If you don’t have access to a Chinese doctor, research online has information on the most commonly used herbs for urticaria in Chinese medicine. As far as I have read, they seem pretty safe and used for over a thousand years. 

• Posted

I forgot to say to avoid refined wheat flour and use whole flour.
    • Posted

Also avoid cold food and drinks. I had to warm his milk up and he couldn’t eat ice cream until he got better.
  • Posted

Thank you for all of this.
    • Posted

Just letting you all know that he is still rash free and eating, drinking anything he wants within reason. It has been almost 2 months.
    • Posted

My nephew is still rash free and medications free.

• Posted

Just letting you guys know my nephew is still rash and medication free. As a bonus, he used to react strongly to bug bites where his body parts would swell up. This hasn't happened once ever since he took TCM. It's almost like TCM fixed and realigned his body. I am still amazed and oh so happy.

• Posted

You are correct,  Bohrsmodel, as I too am a 6-year patient of Chinese medicine and accupuncture for the treatment of my CSU and angioedema.   In 2012, I had a severe flare which lasted for six months.  My allergist/ immunologist was at his wits end, and knew only to prescribed high levels of Anti-histamines (which I took) and prednisone (which I refused). After blacking out on a busy Southern California highway due to anti-histamine overdose (?), I informed my immunologist that I would be exploring Eastern treatment options.  His response?  “i think tha’s a great idea!”  The treatment initially required accupuncture twice a week in addition to dietary changes, daily herbs, ginger and onion teas.  My CSU went into remission, with occassional flares due to stress, which I immediately quelled by returning to my regimen.  Due to  a hospitalization (non-CSU related, a death, and work-related stress) I currently am experiencing a very severe flare, and after returning to my regimen, sans acupuncture (yet), I am beginning to feel and return to optimal health.  I do take Singulair and 1 Allegra a day in conjunction with my Eastern regimen. 

Thank you for reading my story. I am happy to know that your nephew has also found relief!  

• Posted

I am happy to hear that Chinese medicine has worked for you too. My nephew is still medications free. It is so amazing. I keep expecting his rashes to come back but they haven’t. I keep some Chinese medicine on hand and take them with me when we travel just so I can avoid giving him conventional medicine. I think it is a shame that more experts don’t know about Chinese medicine regarding urticaria. I feel so bad for people who suffer needlessly. I do read that there are researches already done on Chinese medicine for urticaria. It has shown to be highly effective so maybe someday soon it will become standard treatment. Until then I can only spread out the word on my nephew’s experience.
  • Posted

I too was a victim of antihistamines and steroids. For the past four months I am on homeopathic medications. 90% cured. Now I am weening myself off homoeopathic medicines, gradually

• Posted

wonderful to hear! Western doctors know so little about this disorder, which can prove incredibly frustrating

Good health to you!

• Posted

Just letting people know that my nephew is still rash and medication free. It has been over 7 months. I am still amazed.

• Posted

Just updating people on my nephews condition. He had a minor rash about 3 months ago but it was gone the next day. I didn't give him any medication as it didn't seem to bother him much. There has not been a recurrence since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.