Day 6 after cervical rib removsl

Posted , 2 users are following.

ia i had cervical right rib removed on monday 8th oct 2018. i was supposed to be in surgery 1.5 hrs i was in nearer 4 hrs. i lost 4 litres of blood during surgery. surgeon said nerves were very compacted. post surgery i had a drain in n lost 400 ml thru this. i had low blood pressure so was monitered half hrly. my. my right arm wasnt able to use much, the pain i had prior to surgery was 100 times worse post surgery. very week in arm. im now on day 5 post surgery and get very outta breath doing the slightest thing. can slightly use my arm for doing light things. but still very weak. the scar is massive . its between my neck n collar one. but more on my neck. im hoping this stars to improve very soon.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi i been waitingvto have a surgical rib removed i finally am praying i found a surgeon who will do it. i just am curious was finding a surgeon able to remove your rib a challenge? it certainly has been for me. i wish you a speedy recovery .

• Posted

hia i saw 3 in total the3rd took me on. but it did take some getting referred from docs in first place as they said id pulled a muscle, had atheritus. the last doc i saw noticed that my right had was smaller than my left as id got muscle wastage,as it had gone on for so long. i saw surgeon in july, so he got me in pretty quick. hope you get in soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.