Day 6 really need some reassurance

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am on day 6 starting back on Fluoxetine and I feel really awful. Constant high anxiety, racing thoughts, rumination and catastrophising. Up from about 4am wired each morning.

I think this is normal from previous experience, but it just doesn't feel right. So spaced out and irritable, just want to be semi normal again. My head is so noisy and i'm super jittery.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi, this was what it was like for me too. It was horrid for a while, I felt like the only thing I would ever know was anxiety. It does pass. In the meantime, be kind to yourself. Try to prioritise your wellbeing any way you can. Putting myself first for a while really helped. So did talking therapy. Hope you're alright!

• Posted

Thank you for the lovely reply. I will try, I have 2 small kids, so staying upbeat for them is my main focus. Hoping to get a little relief soon.

• Posted

Hi There

all those feelings and sensations are normal when your body getting adjusted to the meds.

Those symptoms can last fir a while , for some till week 12, but its ok, they will all go away one by one, dont worry about it. I had all of them and they all gone.

Recovery and adjustment take a while and different for everyone, try not to compare to others, your body doing it in its own pace.

Just five a time, more patience and you will be fine

• Posted

I'm on Day #51, and things have definitely improved. What really helped me was starting taking Propranolol 10mg about ten days ago. The GP had prescribed it on an "as needed" basis from Day 1 but I didn't think I needed it, my side effects weren't That Bad.....

At my 6week review we decided I'd take one routinely daily. What a difference! It does nothing at all for the mental side of Anxiety but it makes a huge difference to the physical side! It's eliminated the jitteriness, the hand tremors, and even the having to dash to the loo straight after meals. So because I don't have those physical symptoms, my mind can relax more and catastrophize less.

The early days Will pass. Be kind to yourself. 😃

• Edited

Hi Scott, just wanted to say hi and offer some support, but the others have said it all really. We've all been through the awful initial side effects, they just keep on giving! Some previous posts have mentioned that it's very different getting on these little buggers a second time, maybe the brain sort of recognises the fluo and is saying omg not again! I'm sure it'll pass but might take a bit longer. Main thing is if you're feeling side effects then they're working. For me the worst bit was the doubt that they were, but oh boy they sure are now. After 4 months of sheer hell and determination, I'm feeling pretty good, and I'm proud of what I've done on my own. You should be too, you've got this far and just going to the doctor's is a massive step forward. Keep on going mate, don't overthink it all. You're getting better, even if it doesn't feel like it right now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.