Day 7.5 of HFMD

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a healthy 29 yr old female. My toddler got HFMD about 11 days ago..almost 8 days ago my spouse and both started with the low grade fever, fatigue, body aches. So we figure great we both caught it. My spouse went through the typical 2 days of the fever etc, sore throat, blistering rash and is now mostly better however I am still having the low grade fever, fatigue and body aches (mostly joint aches) I get weird burning/ tingling pains on my hands and feet (worsened by heat) and I’ll get a weird welt looking spot that goes away. Never got the full blown rash. This is so atypical of HFMD, has anyone else experienced symptoms like these? At this point I WANT the rash bc at least I’d know that’s the end of this funky virus. I feel like I’m still in the first phase of it at almost day 8. I may add I work in healthcare and am obviously exposed to a lot of things. I’ve tested negative for strep, mono, flu, and lymes. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

is it as bad as that?

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

• Posted

Hello I’m not sure if you are still suffering with symptoms or not but I had this about a year ago and it was horrible! I had the tingling in hands and feet for about 7 days and spots on hands feet and mouth. The only relief I found was taking ibprophan, antiviral teas/ sipping bone broth.  I rubbed pure lavender oil on my hands and feet to numb the tingling. It was the only way I could sleep ! I hope you guys get through this it caused me so much anxiety but I was fine after about 11 days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.