Depression and anxieties with menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies yes i have been depressed and anxious due to my menopause symptoms. Yes Ativan generic Lorazepam is not cut out to deal with depression so i asked my medical doctor for Neurontin which is used for epilepsy but it is used for anxieties and depression too. I have been on 100mg twice a day and i feel like i am not as anxious as i use to be. 

Yes the palpitations are still there but not as bad to where i am crying and feeling more anxious. I feel like the neurontin is helping me lesen my anxieties a bit but i still need to do my relaxation stuff and i need to tell myself that i am okay nothing is wrong. 

This is hard to do but i need to just let these hormones go and not talk about them any more and just let my body work its self out 

This is what i am saying let your hormones go yes it anxiety provoking and yes its scary when we have all these symptoms and the doctors tell us our hearts are okay nothing shows up on the EKG as a heart attack or on the monitors so why are we females so concerened that something is wrong with us when there is nothing wrong with us accept that our hormones are just acting up and our anxieties with our hormones. 

We need to learn about our bodies and understand that we are all going to have palpitations, fast heart rates, anxieties, depression, a lot of mood changes but we are in control we need to take control of our minds and our thinking. 

I feel that this neurontin is going to help relive a lot of my depression and anxieties 

Today i feel a little like myself with a little bit of anxieties but not much.

I would advise ladies who do not want to take HRTs to talk about neurontin for depression and anxieties. to help control the symptoms of menopause. 

Happy hug and a lot of prayers to you ladies

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I totally agree with this principle . Whilst it's hard at times to see beyond the anxiety palpitations panic but we need to focus on something else , and really focus . It will stop at some point . 

• Posted

Hi Susan!I don't know if you go through extreme fatigue like myself.I'm so tired sometimes that I find it hard to breadth while talking.My problem is not much of anxiety or palpitations. My main problem is the fatigue. I'm just 37 and this has started affecting my relationship with my kids as I can't keep up with their demands.A friend said I should check my Adrenal gland and that it might be the culprit as it can cause menopausal symptoms and even cause early menopause. Thanks for your advise anyway, we need to know that we are in control and not let menopause ruin our lives. I just wish there's something that can take away this fatigue. Hope we all feel better soon.
    • Posted

Yes i do get fatigue because i have a thyroid problem. What i don't get my TSH is either up or down it was up at a 5.32 which is a little high but my Free T4 and T3 at normal so why is it that my TSH is so off balance, then being in menopause, having Gerd all three of these can cause palpitations and anxieties 

Check to see if your thyroid is low that can cause you to be tired too

• Posted

From what I have learned the ativan is a mid-range antianxiety.  I went throught the dame thing.  I thought I was being treated for depression, which I did need and found I was being treated for a mood disorder which I did not need.  Ended up on Celexa and feel much, much better.

Seems that as women we learn about our bodies several times over our lives.  The tune to each faze is so different.

kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.