Dexcom Rash!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been using Dexcom One sensor for about three months now and every time I break out in a terrible rash from the adhesive. I have tried everything to help: Underlays, Hydrocolloid Bandages, Compeed Bandages, Skin Tac and Overlays. However nothing seems to work. Some rashes are worse than others but I really don't want to go back to using libre freestyle as they are very unreliable.

Does anyone have any other suggestion/solutions that I have yet to try? Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have found the FreeStyle Libre 2 to be significantly more reliable than the original Libre. The constant updating and alarms can be useful too. No extra cost over the original Libre. No idea if it would be better from a rash point of view. It does not bother me though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.