Diabetes

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi. ive been using premixed insulin for the past 20 years but now my doctor at the diabetes clinic says i can go on a tablet and stop injecting as my sugar levels have been good. of course i, being apprehensive about the change, wouldn't go along with it but now im giving it second thoughts and will investigate the idea further. i think with the tablet i wouldn't get hypos which i do a lot now. anyway ive posted in the hope that someone might have experience of this. cheers kevin.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

It would be surprising if you could get away with a tablet instead of insulin. But, it may be possible. What you might want to do is invest in a box of Freestyle Libre sensors to track what your BG is doing now and what happens when you switch to a tablet. The original Libre sensors will work with most of the more recent phones. Check before you buy though.

• Posted

thanks ron. they said last year i was producing more insulin. i was offered a tablet then but they didn't give any information about it . id like to have it done under medical supervision. cheers Kevin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.