Diabetic with very, very unusual symptoms.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a type 2 diabetic. I’m going to give all the information related to what has been going on because I have been extremely stressed, and maybe someone knows something about what’s going on.

I don’t respond well to sugar at ALL even in small amounts. Therefore I have been on keto for a few years and haven’t had any problems with diabetes. Then, over the summer, I consumed a large amount of sugar by accident. Generally, when I am on a sugar high, I’d get pins and needles in my hands and feet. This time however, I felt it in my hands, feet, TEETH and BRAIN. Pins and needles all over my head, which to me meant nerve damage. Anyways, after a couple of days it went away, but there was definitely problems that came from it. For example, my leg will now occasionally “jerk” or spasm. I believe this is from the brain damage.

Fast forward a couple of months. I have had a headache in both temples near the areas I had the pins and needles. It has been 10 days since it started. It’s a dull pain that also feels like something is in my temple, that’s not constant but reoccurring throughout the day. It even woke me up last night. Not to mention I’ve had extreme fatigue lately. The, concerningly nausea started today. Lastly, the first day or so i felt itching in my ear. Then pain. That has gone away.

I’ve been to a doctor and the ER (a couple months ago) when I experienced the pins and needles in my head, but they didn’t give me any information on what could be wrong. I see a neurologist next month, and I’m really, really scared. I’ve had horrible anxiety these last few days. I’m concerned I may have some type of brain cancer. Can someone answer honestly if this is POSSIBLY cancer? Maybe not from the diabetes but from something else even.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

needles and pins could also mean blocked arteries. PAD is a serious affect from diabetes. meds for diabetes taken can help. see your doc for further testing and medications. we are not doctors here only speaking for experience. plz see your doc will help a lot with your anxiety to understand more about care and treatments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.