Diazepam 5mg just started

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ive just been I taking diazepam for 4 days not working so moved from 2mg to 5mg 3 times a day just took the first 5mg at 4pm and nothing has seem to work for me should it yer please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

It takes a few days to reach its peak, although Diazepam is usually short-acting.

My advice to you is get off Diazepam asap. I have been fighting dependence on it for over 20 years!

After reducing it to 6-7 mg per day I have given up! My withdrawals were horrific: little sleep, suicidal depression, paranoia and fear! I am now back to 9-10 mg per day. I feel a total failure. Not much help.

I wish you well. Diazepam can cause paradoxical effects like the symptoms you are being treated for.

• Posted

Hi are you taking it for anxiety? I have been in 2mg for just over a week and my anxiety isn't really improving. I'm wondering if i need to increase my dose for a week.?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.