Did your tinnitus ever go away?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Did it ever go away for anyone? I heard it can take weeks ... months ... years ... I am interested to know if your tinnitus ever stopped and how? I am also wondering if you ever knew the cause of your tinnitus. Interested to hear your experience!! Thank you

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well mine did or it became unnoticeable, I do have bouts from time to time but I belive this is brought in through stres, I feel when I am relaxed it does not come at all, this is just me personally and others may differ.
  • Posted

My answer is based on the most current medical literature.

There are well over 100 researched causations for Tinnitus. A large percentage of people who develop (T) from high-volume very-loud noise intrusion. 

A small percentage of people who develop (T) are alleviated by "spontaneous remission", this typically occurs during the first six-nine months of (T) onset - these folks are very lucky and they represent a small percentile. 

Today, I have (T) since it's onset of 5 years ago. Over time for most patients the characteristics of the brain noises do change - mostly for the better but sometimes it gets wore. 

What medical science offers as of 2015 are different protocols and treatment modalities to improve the symptoms of (T). 

You have to study the different (T) treatments and try one approach at a time. The ATA is probably the best place to begin study (American Tinnitus Association).  

Wish you the best.  

• Posted

Mine happened 3 months ago. Still here. Not sure if it was due to stress or anxiety or something else. I hope it goes away soon
  • Posted

Mine has become unnoticable through the day lately unless I'm bombarding myself with loud music. I have deduced that I have triggers that cause it. A few that I can think of right off my head are the sound of computer fans, cannibis, alchohol, dehydration and lack of sleep. The computer fan and cannibis seems to be the biggest triggers. I think any constant noise for a period of time will trigger it. I don't know exactly why cannibis triggers my tinnits but I quit a few months ago and since then when I do get ringing in my ears its much quieter.
    • Posted

My old computer's fan got quite noisy, and as a result, my hearing is now worse in the ear that was closest to it. sad
  • Posted

Ive had it 20 years and it drives me effing crazyi cant concentrate my hearing is all over place, deaf. it traumatizes me              
    • Posted

I have had it for over 20 years too....you have to learn to not let it get the better of you.

You may need some help to do this - but it can be done. Ask your Doc to refer you to someone who can teach you to 'ignore' it.

Also ,mask it with other sounds....not too loud, but a radio, or TV, and some have a fan on at night, too, to disguise the T sounds.

• Posted

My mum's the best, she's 81 xxx she said put some cotton wool In your ears then you wont here it 😄
    • Posted

Hi Natasha

I know exactly how you feel, I have had it for 20 years too drives me potty with the high pitched screaming in both ears. I so wish there was a cure for us.

• Posted

I have read and heard stories from people that their tinnitus does go away so it gives me hope ..... just a little anyways. I hope we all get better soon! I am just curious about everyone's experience.
  • Posted

Has anyone tried vitamins? therapy? actupunture?
  • Posted

I have had tinnitus for over 20 years. Going to lous music gigs was what caused it. Back then, nobody warned you about the effects of loud music then.

I have learnt to keep it in the background, mask it with other sounds - ironically, the radio - or the TV, and don't let it push its way to the front of my thoughts.

• Posted

It is a constant 'eeeeeeee' sound that is high pitched.

It is quite loud, and my hearing has suffered a bit, too. Or I think it has. If I could switch off the T I would be able to tell. smile

I could easily allow it to bother me....but I choose to not let it get to me. I know it's there, but I refuse to let it come to the forefront of my life, and take a hold of me.

If you can keep it rumbling about in the background, it is liveable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.