disgusted

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i suffer from serious mental health issues including agoraphobia and panic disorder.  I feel at the moment i am being bullied by my former estate agent because of my issues.  I moved house in October due to the house been in disrepair  this did not go down well as i had 6 month of my tenancy left however it was effecting mine and my childrens health.  my fiancee had always taken care of the damp problems and everything else that kept falling apart in the property at our expense for 3 years however he sadly died 3rd December last year so these jobs were having to be done by the landlord he was not happy.  We had never failed a house inspection i also have OCD when they came to do final checks on house that they are now selling for landlord thay claimed it was dirty and damaged which is a lie so went to take 300 from bond.  They sent me an email to say i had to contact bond protection scheme as i was the second tennant which i found a little odd as i signed a new tenancy i April as sole tennant and the fact my parntner had been dead nearly 12 month they had failed to change the bond outof my partners name and are now trying to bully me to sign next of kin forms so the bond will transfer to me however i spoke with the bond protection and as we never married his mum is next of kin and the bond will transfere to her which means it should go off last house inspection before he died they are not happy and threatening me with legal action i also paid them cash for the council tax for the last month and they havnt paid it so im been billed but i really feel that these are bully tactics due to my mental health issues was hoping someone may have advice thankyou 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

First of all I would just like to say how sorry I am for your loss. It must be heartbreaking. The only advise I can offer you on how to deal with your estate agents is to stick to your guns and make sure you get your bond back. I think as you said their just using bullying tactics, but the people who have your bond said that it's rightfully your partners and will give it to his mum. So as far as I can see they can't get away with it. Let them threaten you with court action,;it will cost them a fortune, so I doubt very much that they will carry this through. I feel for you with your mental issues, I too suffer and it's the most horrific thing. No one understand's unless they suffer too. Hope you get your bond back, on the plus side at least your out of the damp horrible place that you lived in. I hope you are now happy with your new home xxxx

• Posted

Thankyou i was preparred to keep fighting till this morning and it just got worse new email from them after yet more money for fly tipping had to read it twice.  When i moved i got a skip as a lot of the things that were going belonged to my partner we did tip runs also and stuff went to charity so wht the hell would i fly tip on my own doorstep.  i have no fight left ive told then just take the dam money hope they are happy.  They have bullied a mentally ill women they must be so proud.
  • Posted

Do you not have any help from the Citizens Advice Bureau or Gingerbread?  I would contact one of them for support.
  • Posted

ive spoke with CAB and shelter and they all say what they are doing is wrong ive also filled a complaint with ombudsman but as im an agoraphobic they know i dont have the money for a solicitor and cant go to court to represent myself.  My mental health support worker tried to speak with them and they hung up on her how unprofessional can you get im just hanging on by a thread as it is there doing this knowing its 1 year since i lost my partner so know what they are doing i dought im the first and wont be the last

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.